New Employment Opportunity at Orica
Job Title: Operator – MMU
At Orica, the power of our people is what drives change and shapes our futures. Every day, our people all over the world help bring together important resources that are needed for progress. We started in 1874 and now have a team of more than 13,000 people all over the world. We are the world leader in mining and civil blasting.
It’s an exciting time to join us because we are shaping the future of mining with digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, being innovation leaders, and rethinking how we work.
About the role
We are very happy to say that we are looking for a bilingual Operator-MMU for our business in Africa North. The person in this role will report to the Lead – Operations Support, and they will have to travel to our operations in Africa often.
The main goal of this important role is to give you the training and support you need to do your job as part of our blast crew and eventually run an MMU (Mobile Manufacturing Unit). An MMU is a very advanced Heavy Rigid vehicle with the latest technologies and onboard computer systems. It is used to pump explosive products into pre-drilled blast holes on our customers’ quarry sites.
What you will be doing
- “Safety is our priority, always,” which is our company’s most important value, by always acting with honesty and respect;
- Taking care of all the labor-intensive work that needs to be done outside the company to prepare and load mine blast patterns;
- Using our MMU (Mobile Manufacturing Unit) vehicle and other blasting equipment and machinery;
- Helping with routine maintenance;
- Working closely with your other team members
- Helping with the “hands-on” delivery of explosives down pre-drilled blast holes on bench;
- Giving our valued customers the best service possible;
- Taking care of daily business and interacting with customers when needed.
What you will bring
- You must have a valid Heavy Rigid (HR) driver’s license;
- English and French must be learned.
- Shown work history of doing physical work outside in all kinds of weather;
- To get a Dangerous Goods license, you must be able to pass all security checks.
- A great, positive, and team-oriented way of thinking in which you look out for your friends;
- A basic understanding of mechanics is helpful, but not necessary.
As a member of a truly global company, you will be able to grow and learn in a culture that values diversity and teamwork. We help you build relationships and learn by connecting global and local teams. We also encourage flexible and varied career paths and help you learn and improve your skills.
You will get a good salary, learn from talented people in many different fields, and be able to do well in a safe workplace with a culture of working together. Start your career off in a place where your unique talents can thrive.
How to Apply for this Employment Opportunity at Orica
Closing Date: 30th April 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Newmont Mining Corporation Latest Job Offer
- Secondly, New Job Vacancy at Serendipalm Co. Ltd.
- Thirdly, Job Vacancy at Food and Agriculture Organization
- Then, Abt Associates Calls For Job Applications
- Also, New Job Advertisement at Old Mutual
- Moreover, Job Opening at International Cocoa Initiative (ICI)
- Additionally, AirtelTigo Latest Job Recruitment Announcement
- More so, Chirano Gold Mines Limited Job Opportunities
- Afterward, Norsaac Calls For Job Applications
- Lastly, ABS Bureau New Job Announcement
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED