March 17th, 2023 at 09:27 am
ABS Bureau New Job Announcement
In accordance with the ABS Operational Principles and Mission, the Principal Surveyor-in-Charge directs and oversees the daily survey/operations for a particular area (such as a port, station, country, shipyard, client site, etc.).
The successful execution and administration of service delivery, resources, productivity, quality, policy, compliance, safety, training, coaching, and employee development for the particular site is the responsibility of this job.
In addition to communicating effectively and achieving location-specific performance indicators to satisfy corporate objectives, this position delivers location-specific information for business planning. According to business needs, this job may carry out individual billable survey work or projects.
Roles and responsibilities
- Accomplish company objectives relating to service delivery, labor/productivity, budget, quality, policy, compliance, training, development, and safety, and leads safe and effective survey activities through people.
- In the designated area, take the initiative and carry out the Survey & Certification Core Procedure.
- Encourage a safety-conscious culture and secure working environment,
- Manage team and individual performance, coaching, development, and training to satisfy immediate, long-term, and rational business goals, including succession.
- Attain or surpass the company’s key performance indicators and objectives related to the organizational business outcomes for the particular location.
- Apply rules, guides, regulatory requirements, concepts, principles, and processes, as well as marine and/or offshore technical requirements, as a professional specialist and resource.
- Keep in touch with the Port State officials in your area.
- Create and sustain connections with your customers.
- In order to carry out survey operations, support the development of both strategic and immediate workforce requirements for competent, trained survey staff.
- Maintain awareness of pertinent information pertaining to business environment changes, marketing needs/opportunities, competitor landscape, service delivery requirements, technical challenges, and potential new sales and/or existing account opportunities, and effectively communicate that information across the organization.
- Provide feedback and business intelligence to worldwide departments as necessary, and communicate ABS services and capabilities to clients as necessary.
- Directly carry out survey activity as necessary to satisfy corporate requirements.
- Give the area operations manager budget input.
- As required to achieve specific organizational business results, support additional Core Processes.
What You Need Is:
Education and Experience
- Three (3) years of experience as a Senior Surveyor or an equivalent position.
- Tertiary-level credentials in an applicable engineering or physical scientific discipline (minimum two (2) year study); or
- Educated in the marine or nautical fields, and possessing relevant seagoing expertise as a ship officer with a certificate.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Demonstrated the ability to lead, inspire, and build a team while carrying out and/or assisting with survey tasks.
- Knowledge of legislative regulations, relevant directives, and/or offshore technical requirements that have been proven.
- Experience completing surveys across many disciplines.
- Understanding of maritime and/or offshore engineering systems, structure, machinery, and systems, as well as shipbuilding and vessel operations, as well as the ability to read engineering blueprints and technical specifications.
- Good verbal and written communication abilities, as well as the capacity to talk clearly in situations when you may be speaking to a group of people or a client. Fluency in English is required for conducting in-depth technical communication and interaction.
- Demonstrated aptitude for analysis and problem-solving, as well as the ability to successfully suggest and communicate solutions.
- focused attitude with a focus on communication and response
- With a focus on developing internal and external professional relationships in support of operational business requirements, the ability to operate well in a team environment as well as cross-functionally is essential.
- Possibility of controlling key performance metrics to achieve company goals.
- Possibility of learning the ABS Health, Safety, Quality, and Environmental Management Systems.
How to Apply for this ABS Bureau New Job Announcement
Closing Date: 27th March 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Totalenergies Marketing Ghana Job Opportunities
- Secondly, RecTrain Services Limited Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, Exciting Career Opportunity at World Vision
- Moreover, Food and Agriculture Organization Latest Job Postings
- Additionally, Job Vacancy at JSI Research & Training Institute
- Then, Job Opportunity at AutoShack Ghana
- Also, Catholic Relief Services Latest Job Posting
- More so, Employment Advertisement at Glovo
- Afterwards, Job Vacancies are Available at The Haven Hotel
- Finally, Beacon International School Job
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED