Catholic Relief Services Latest Job Posting
ROLE: Head of Programming I – Ghana
Catholic Relief Services is the official international aid organization of the Catholic Church in the United States. CRS works in more than 100 countries to save, protect, and change the lives of people in need, no matter their race, religion, or nationality. Also, CRS helps with relief and development through programs that deal with HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and building peace.
CRS has been working in Ghana for 60 years, helping with disaster relief and building up the country. CRS Ghana is proud to have kept a good reputation and good relationships with partners and the communities we serve by putting together a portfolio of programs that work in many different areas. Health, Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene, Agriculture, and Youth Livelihoods are some of the programs that CRS Ghana manages. The HoP will give a team of highly technical professionals strategic and visionary direction so they can run these programs and find new opportunities.
Summary of Job:
As a member of the Country Program (CP) Senior Management Team, you will provide strategic direction, leadership, and management of the CP’s programming to make sure that high-quality programs that help the poor and vulnerable are set up and run well.
Your management skills, leadership, and knowledge will make sure that the CP puts on high-quality programs and keeps working to improve the impact of those programs. As a member of the Senior Management Team, you will manage security and lessen security risks in a proactive way.
Roles and important tasks:
- Together with the Country Representative (CR), provide strategic direction for the design of the CP strategic frameworks and plans. This includes the development of resource mobilization strategies to maximize the impact of programming interventions in line with regional and agency strategic priorities.
- Set up and keep up the right conditions for learning. Set up a safe place for people to share ideas, solutions, and problems, as well as the ability to spot, analyze, and fix problems quickly.
- Promoting accountability, learning, and knowledge management, and keeping an eye on how the MEAL policy is put into action, as well as learning across sectors and departments.
- Coordinate with the CP operations leads to make sure that the project budget is set up correctly and that the sources of project materials are used and cared for well.
- Together with the people in charge of getting resources, the staff oversees the business development cycle to make sure that proposals meet agency and donor standards for quality.
- Watch over the finding, evaluating, and strengthening of the right partnerships, as well as the right use of partnership ideas, tools, and methods.
- Make sure that project teams and partners get technical help and are able to do more in terms of project management standards, MEAL, business development, and operational activities. Find opportunities for training, make training plans, and give trainings.
- Represent CRS at meetings with Church and Caritas officials, NGOs, Government Ministries, donor representatives, diplomatic missions, and other outside events.
- Support and guide the sector influence and local leadership agenda of the country program.
- Make sure projects end well and new ones get off to a good start, in line with CRS standards.
- Give teams that work in remote places strong staff management and encourage compliance and accountability.
- Master’s degree in international development, international relations, or a related field.
- At least five years of experience managing programs in the field, and at least three years of experience as a middle or senior manager.
- Experience making successful proposals, reports, strategic alliances, project designs, project management, monitoring and evaluating, and strategic alliances.
- Experience in building up partner capabilities, staff development, training, mentoring, building teams, and making plans for the future. Working with Church partners before is a plus.
- Experience with community development, community mobilization, or other self-help projects at the local level.
- Experience with managing project grants, such as designing projects, making budgets, keeping track of spending, monitoring and evaluating projects, writing reports, etc., preferably for projects funded by more than one public donor, such as USAID.
- Experience with business development activities that have been successful in getting money from the public and/or private donors.
Travel: You must be ready and able to travel up to 30% of the time.
Skills, knowledge, and abilities
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems-thinking, and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to see the big picture and make good decisions.
- Strong skills in managing relationships. Ability to get along with people at all levels, both inside and outside the company. How you approach each relationship should be planned out.
- Skills for leading a team
- Skills for giving talks and running meetings
- Active, resourceful, focused on solutions and focused on getting things done.
How to Apply for this Catholic Relief Services Job Posting
Application Deadline : 20th February 2023
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- Firstly, Job Vacancy at CH Group (Ghana) Limited
- Secondly, Latest Job Advertisement at Petrofac
- Thirdly, Golden Star (Wassa) Limited New Job Opening
- Moreover, Latest Job Opportunity at FHI 360
- Additionally, New Job Opportunity at Robert Walters
- More so, APPLY NOW || University of Ghana Job Vacancies
- Afterwards, Mastercard Foundation New Vacancy Advertisement
- Furthermore, ClearView Advisory Invites Job Applications
- Then, Deloitte Latest Employment Opportunities
- Lastly, Green for Change Ghana New Job Vacancies
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED