October 21st, 2022 at 05:55 am
Orica New Recruitment Opportunity
Established in 1874, Orica has grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation, and reimagining the way we work.
POSITION: Financial Analyst
About the role
They are currently on the lookout for a talented Financial Analyst to work in our Accra offices in Ghana. This role will report to the Africa North Business Partner – Commercial.
The primary purpose of this critical role is to provide financial business partnering analysis support to commercial teams.
In return for your professional commitment, we can offer a healthy salary, genuine career pathways, and support in leadership or engineering specialization.
- To begin with, providing analytical support to maximize the value extracted from contracts, including identifying and rectifying unprofitable contracts and maximizing variation management opportunities;
- Secondly, ensuring that financial bid models accurately reflect business inputs for new business or changes to existing business which the Account Management team is submitting proposals for;
- Also, completing regular commercial reviews to understand cost and value concepts on customer or manufacturing sites and then taking actions that will improve overall returns to the business;
- Aside from that, influencing key stakeholders to ensure optimum outcomes Delivers Business Partner inputs to support the overall accuracy and compliance of the monthly Reporting and processes (e.g. MBR pack, Mid-Month estimates), Forecasting and Budget submissions for commercial, manufacturing, supply, and business functions;
- Furthermore, ensuring that Capital requests are supported by financial models and commercial business cases in accordance with Group standards. Challenges the Business Team on the assumptions used in their capital expenditure proposals and holding them to account for delivery of such assumptions;
- Additionally, providing financial advice to projects, BI pipeline, and delivery of evaluated opportunities (e.g.: Business Improvement Initiatives);
- Last but not least, providing support to the Business in managing working capital and cash management Actions deviations from acceptable levels of performance and address any areas of concern promptly, ensuring that relevant team members are held accountable;
- Lastly, actively providing detailed financial knowledge and advice to the Business including education and use of Orica’s financial systems.
Qualification And Experience
- First and foremost, an Honors degree in Finance or related;
- Secondly, qualified ICA(GH), CIMA, or ACCA will be preferred;
- Also, proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- SAP experience
- Minimum 3 to 6 years experience post qualification;
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders;
- Strong strategic and commercial acumen supported by sound commercial judgment;
- Ability to plan, influence & execute;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to present strategic logic and recommended pathways, coupled with the ability to present to key stakeholders.
What Orica offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
HOW TO APPLY?
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
The closing date of the application is November 2, 2022.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- University of Ghana Announces Job Vacancies
- USAID West Africa Call For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at WASCAL
- West Africa Trade and Investment Hub Invites Job Applications
- Newmont Mining Corporation Job Available Vacancy
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research Call For Job Applications
- Canonical Latest Job Vacancies
- Massive Recruitment|| SOCODEVI Invite Job Applications
- Massive Recruitment|| MDF West Africa Limited Job Openings
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED