West Africa Trade and Investment Hub Invites Job Applications
The USAID-funded West Africa Trade and Investment Hub (hereinafter referred to as the Trade Hub) is a five-year, $140 million trade and investment facilitation activity that seeks to improve private sector competitiveness in West Africa through a market-based approach.
By working in partnership with the private sector and fostering co-investments, the project will generate new private-sector capital investment into key sectors to create jobs and increase trade between the U.S. and West Africa, including through increased utilization of the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA). The project comprises three main components:
- Design and administration of a Co-Investment Fund for private sector partnerships, including a portion for partnerships in Research and Development (R&D) towards innovating and modernizing practices in Nigeria across five targeted value chains;
- Technical assistance (TA) that directly supports, coordinates, and engages with qualifying recipients (i.e., partners and grantees) to achieve USAID’s trade and food security objectives;
- Urgently respond to the secondary economic impacts of COVID-19, notably to 1) increase access to working capital with financial actors, 2) prevent and mitigate job losses, and 3) help respond to local and regional supply chain disruptions and shortages of critical medical supplies and services as well as for agricultural inputs and food staples.
Through this Co-Investment Fund and technical assistance, the Trade Hub will improve companies’ abilities to expand business operations, increase productivity, and create jobs that build on the talents and aspirations of West Africa’s growing population.
The Trade Hub will collaborate on specific commercial opportunities with firms, service providers, research organizations, as well as other business network actors to access private capital that will contribute to large-scale jobs, exports, and investment, particularly with strong, demonstrated, or potential links to the U.S. companies and investors.
- POSITION: Public Private Partnership Officer
- REPORTS TO: Deputy Director PPP Manager based in Ghana
- LOCATION: Accra – Ghana
The PPP Officer will join the Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Team covering Ghana, Cabo Verde, Financial Institutions, and Advisors. The PPP Officer will use technical skills in MS Office, relationship management, listening, and communications, problem identification, problem justification, problem-solving, and time management.
The selected applicant will learn critical thinking analysis to creatively identify, address, and solve strategic and administrative issues and challenges faced by the respective grantee partner.
- First and foremost, lead engagements with Grants and MEL Teams and pro-actively solve bottlenecks
- Secondly, update and manage the Portfolio Monitor, Risk Dashboards, and other data systems
- Thirdly, oversee timely and efficient disbursement, approval of quarterly reports, and confirmation of compliance documents
- Also, prepare high-quality insight-based investment reports, presentations, and monitoring updates using Word, PPT, and Excel
- Additionally, conduct the quantitative transaction and portfolio analyses using Excel formulas and generate high-quality graphics and charts
- Again, conduct qualitative analysis using models and frameworks to justify the hypothesis
- Present facts and solutions in a concise and professional manner to USAID and other external parties that may include government officials
- Represent the Deputy Director when applicable
- Lead investee field visits in Ghana
- Lead investigative but constructive Monthly Call Updates and Q&A with grantees
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Economics, or Business
- Must have 5+ years of general work experience and 3+ years of experience in audit, private sector investments, strategic finance, or corporate finance
- Strong preference for financial audit or investment experience, especially with SMEs in West Africa
- Quick learner
- High level of organization and focus on details
- Capacity to execute technical lessons in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word rapidly
- Extreme interest in learning new skills and knowledge
- Extreme willingness to take on new challenges, execute and deliver high-quality results
- High level of integrity to comply with data privacy and relationship management
- Pro-active team player willing to share lessons and support team development
- High level of accountability to take ownership of both success and mistakes and leverage lessons
- Strong quantitative financial skills to assess investment and business risks
- Ability to critically and correctly identify and resolve problems
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and efficiently prioritize multiple deadlines
- High proficiency in speaking and writing in professional American English
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates should send their CVs either in word or PDF format to Recruit@westafricatih.com
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
Submission of the application should be made on or before 3rd October 2022.
- Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only finalists will be contacted.
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job OpportunityAll Posts
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED