JOB TITLE : VICE CHANCELLOR
The Vice Chancellor is responsible to the Council Chairman and the Governing Council of the University.
THE POSITION/JOB DESCRIPTION
The Vice Chancellor is:
- The Academic and Executive Head, as well as Chief Disciplinary Officer of the University,
and is responsible to the Governing Council of the University
- Responsible, in accordance with the Statutes and the decisions of Council and the Academic Board, for organizing and conducting the Academic, Financial and Administrative business of the University
- Responsible for the development and promotion of world-class, high quality technical
university education and the provision of the necessary academic and administrative
- Responsible for initiating and implementing the Strategic Plan of the University, subject to approval by the University’s Council
- Required to advise the University Council and Academic Board of the University on all matters affecting policy, finance, governance and administration of the University
The Vice Chancellor may delegate any of the functions assigned by the Statutes to Senior Members of the University as seemed appropriate.
Terms of Appointment
- The Vice Chancellor shall hold office for an initial term of four (4) years. The appointment may be renewed, upon application, for another term of four (4) years only.
- The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the Governing Council of the University, consistent with the Technical Universities Act, 2016 (Act 922), the Statutes of Dr. Hilla Limann Technical University and the Harmonised Scheme of Service for Technical Universities in Ghana
- The salary and conditions of service attached to the position are very attractive.
THE CANDIDATE’S ATTRIBUTES
Academic Background, Skills and Experience in Educational Administration
The applicant must:
- Be of Professorial status
- Be a distinguished and internationally acclaimed scholar with academic qualification of PhD or its equivalent, preferably in Science, Technology, Engineering or Social Sciences
- Have broad experience and depth of knowledge about tertiary education in Ghana.
- Have a good understanding of the challenges facing technical universities in Ghana and
tertiary education in general.
- Have at least ten (10) years working experience in senior management position in tertiary education in Ghana or related institutions.
Tenure of Office
- The applicant must be able to serve a full term of FOUR (4) YEARS before reaching the statutory retirement age of sixty (60).
How to Apply
- The applicant should submit an application letter and a statement of not more than 6 pages (Times New Roman, font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining his/her vision for the University.
- The applicant should attach Curriculum Vitae (CV) including names and addresses of three (3) referees who can attest to the qualities of the applicant
- All applications should be addressed to the Chairperson of the Search Committee
- Applications must be hand-delivered in a sealed envelope or by a courier, to the Registry of the University and signed for, and also be submitted using email to the address below:
Search Committee for Vice Chancellor
C/o Office of the Senior Assistant Registrar (HR)
Dr. Hilla Limann Technical University
P.O. Box 553
Deadline for submission: 16th March, 2021
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED