How to write a scholarship application letter
A scholarship application letter is a cover letter that indicates your interest in a scholarship. It includes ways in which the award would help you achieve your personal and professional goals. This letter is usually required as part of the formal documents that are to be submitted.
The purpose of this letter is to convince the scholarship board on why they should award you the scholarship you seek. It is a very important and crucial document that need not be taken for granted.
This letter is your chance for financial aid, therefore don’t be shy to express how important the scholarship is to you. It’s is a formal letter, so know the kind of information to include and what to ignore. This is a letter hoping to sell you out, including your weakness will be a loss for yourself.
Features of a scholarship application letter
Just like every other document, a scholarship letter also has a format that is considered the right way. You should keep in mind that the scholarship application process is a formal process. Therefore, every document needed to be submitted should be formal. In view of this, find below the outline of a scholarship application letter. It has divided into three parts.
- To begin with, Part One, Let’s consider Contact Information
You always need to begin with your contact information i.e. phone numbers (active), email address, and possibly your residence
- Another thing we need to consider is, Self Introduction and a Milestone achievement
The next thing to do is inform your prospect of who you are your achievements, academically and career-wise ( must be in line with the need)
- Also, Part Two talks about, Key details of you and the reason why the committee should choose you
At this point, you need to sell yourself to your investors, elaborating why you are worth the opportunity more than any other.
- Another thing Part Two talks about is, Expression of passion and the reason why you want the scholarship.
Provide reasons why you need the scholarship.
Continuation on: How to write a scholarship application letter
- Finally, Part Three will look at, Call to action paragraph
You must always note that you seeking or asking for a meeting with the scholarship board is the way to go. Therefore ensure you conclude by requesting for a meeting or an interview.
- And lastly, Best Regards
Thank them and anticipate a call and a meeting.
Format to Apply
- Use the correct spacing, that is 1 or 1.5
- Left side alignment is easy on the eye.
- There should be – an inch margin ( top, bottom, and sides).
- Emphatically, for paragraphs, there should be double spacing between them.
- Fonts like Calibri, Arial, and Times New Roman are accepted.
Click on the link below for templates for the Scholarships application;
For more scholarship updates, CLICK HERE.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED