HOW TO GET POLICE REPORT IN GHANA
POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE
A police certificate is an official document issued by the Ghanaian police. It is to determine if the applicant has any outstanding criminal records or activity from the Criminal Data Services Bureau (CDSB) of the Police Criminal Investigations Department (CID) of Ghana.
Criminal records may include arrests, convictions, and criminal proceedings. A Police certificate is also known as a good citizen certificate, good conduct certificate, police clearance certificate, or judicial record extracts.
The police report is very important immigration documentation. It is to determine your character and eligibility as a citizen with a clean criminal record in order to get the intended country’s visa. If you want to travel out of Ghana, then you should know the process for applying for a police clearance certificate. The document may seem insignificant, but when the need for it arises, then you will know how important the police clearance document is.
ASSESSMENT FOR POLICE CLEARANCE REPORT.
- A suspended sentence is considered a prison sentence.
- You have been convicted of escaping from immigration detention in another country
- You are or have been a member of a group suspected of involvement in criminal conduct
- If you are a suspect of people smuggling, trafficking, genocide, a war crime, a crime against humanity, a crime involving torture or slavery, or a crime that is of serious international concern
- Your past and present criminal or general conduct shows you are not of good character
- If you posed a security risk to another person in the form of stalking, physical or sexual abuse
- You are subject to an adverse security assessment by the Ghanaian Government
COST OF POLICE REPORTS IN GHANA
- Residents: GHS120.00.
- Non-residents: US$120.00.
The last arrival date in Ghana determines whether or not an applicant is considered a resident. If the last arrival date is beyond 3 months, one is considered resident and pays GHC120. If the last arrival date is less than 3months at the time of application, the applicant is considered as a non-resident and pays $120 USD.
POLICE CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Application fee of GH¢40.00
- Applicants must submit fingerprints and certain personal information such as addresses, date of birth, place of birth, to get a criminal record check via the police records database.
- Duly filled POLICE CID FORM (Nominal Vetting)
- Identification certificates
- A set of ink-rolled fingerprints
- Passport Copy
- Letter from the embassy requesting the certificate
- Two passport-size photograph
WHERE TO APPLY
Applications for the police clearance certificate can be done at the Ghana police headquarters. Ghana Police Service, Ring Road East, Cantonment, Ghana
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- How to Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED