May 18th, 2022 at 11:14 am
What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
WHAT IS GONORRHEA?
Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted disease caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhea. This common STI affects both males and females and people of any age.
Normally, this infection targets most parts of the human body such as the throat, eyes, vagina, urethra, anus, and the fallopian tubes of women amongst others. Gonorrhea can lead to infertility if not treated. However, using antibiotics can lower your chances of getting complications.
HOW IS GONORRHOEA TRANSMITTED?
Gonorrhea is normally transmitted by having oral, anal or vagina sex with an infected partner. It can also be transmitted from a mother to a baby during pregnancy or childbirth.
Although people use protection during sex, it should be known that not using them correctly will not eliminate the risk of contracting the disease.
SYMPTOMS OF GONORRHOEA
In many cases, you may not notice you have been infected with gonorrhea. Although you may be asymptomatic, you can still transmit the disease to your partner since you are not aware you carry the disease.
Some of the symptoms associated with men include:
- Burning or pains when you are urinating
- You have the urge to urinate more frequently
- You have a white or yellowish discharge from your penis
- Your anus gets itchy and becomes sore
- You will experience pain when you want to empty your bowels.
As a woman, these are some symptoms you will experience. Sometimes, women do not know they have been exposed to the disease. This is because some of the symptoms can be similar to having a yeast infection and that makes it difficult to identify. Some possible symptoms are:
- Watery, creamy vaginal discharge
- Burning or pains when urinating
- Having a heavier period
- Also, Having pains during penetrative vaginal sex
- Having sharp pains in your lower abdomen
- Rectal bleeding or discharge
WHAT IS SYPHILIS?
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease caused by the bacterium Treponema Pallidum. It can also be contracted by getting into contact with someone having a Syphilis sore on their body. Not treating your syphilis can lead to life-threatening damage to the heart, brain and other vital organs in the body.
HOW IS SYPHILIS TRANSMITTED
The disease‘s primary mode of transmission is by oral, anal or vagina sex with an infected person. Also, the disease can be transmitted by having direct contact with syphilitic sores and these sores normally develop in the mouth, on the penis, vagina or anus.
Again pregnant women who have not treated their syphilis can pass it on to their children and this is often termed as congenital syphilis.
SYMPTOMS OF SYPHILIS
Syphilis occurs in stages, therefore every stage and the symptom that comes with it. The first stage is :
- Primary syphilis:
It starts with a small sore called a chancre. This painless sore appears at the entry point of the bacteria that is your mouth, anus or vagina. The chancre heals on its own in three to six weeks.
- Secondary syphilis:
After the chancre has healed, you may experience a rash on any part of your body. This rash is normally not itchy. Other symptoms of this stage includes fatigue, weight loss, hair loss, fever and many others.
- Latent syphilis:
This stage has no noticeable symptoms. It can be so for many years although the bacteria is in your body and that progresses to the last stage
- Tertiary syphilis:
This can occur years after the primary syphilis and it is normally life-threatening. This stage can lead to blindness, loss of hearing, memory loss, heart disease etc.
To avoid contracting any of these deadly diseases, you need to practice safe sex, use protection and get tested regularly.
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- How to Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED