How to Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
If you intend to travel outside the shores of Ghana, you should know that one thing is certain and that is, getting a clearance from the police. This document is requested by Ghana’s various embassies to complete your visa application.
The police clearance certificate is an important document required by embassies to determine your character and to see if you meet the requirements of an upstanding citizen who has no criminal records. Again, the police clearance certificate is what guarantees if you will be given the visa.
The police clearance certificate is evaluated based on the following:
- First, check If you have been imprisoned for up to a year or more, or your multiple sentences add up to a year. If you a given a suspended sentence, it will also be counted as a prison sentence
- Secondly, check If you have been found guilty of escaping from Immigration detention in another country
- Third, determine if you are or have been a member of a group or organization. Or have had an association with a person who is a suspect or is involved in a criminal act.
- Also, If you are a suspect involved in Human Trafficking, genocide war, a crime against humanity, or any crime of serious international concern.
- Lastly, If your past, present or general conduct indicates you don’t have good behavior.
- If you have been a threat to another person in the form of stalking, physical or sexual abuse
- If you have been subject to a confrontation by the government of Ghana concerning security issues.
Police Clearance Certificate
A police clearance certificate is an official document issued by the Ghana police to an applicant. This is to determine if they have an outstanding criminal record from the Criminal Data Services Bureau (CDSB). A division of the Police Criminal Investigations Department (CID) of Ghana.
It can also be known as the certificate of good conduct or judicial record extract.
The applicant must submit their fingerprint and some personal information like addresses, date of birth, place of birth, and others to get a criminal record check. This is done via the police records database.
Police Clearance Application Requirements
- To begin with, Duly filled POLICE CID FORM (Nominal Vetting)
- Secondly, Identification certificates
- Next, A set of ink-rolled fingerprints
- Then, Passport Copy
- Letter from the embassy requesting the certificate
- Also, Two passport-size photograph
- Application fee of GH¢40.00
Where to Apply for Ghana Police Clearance Certificate
To apply for the police clearance certificate, you have to go to the police headquarters. Ghana Police Service, Ring Road East,
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- How to Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED