HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
Everybody’s blood is made up of the same component that is plasma, red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelet. However, there are different blood types and the type you have depends on the genes your parents passed to you.
You are able to know your blood type is different from another person because of some special protein molecules called antigens and antibodies.
An antigen is any substance that your immune system can respond. The antigens live on the surface of your red blood cells. An antibody is a disease fighting protein in the human body that attacks foreign substances that evade your body.
THE DIFFERENT BLOOD GROUPS
There are four main blood groups as defined by the ABO system that is – A, B, AB and O. This grouping is done based on whether or not you have two specific antigens. Each group can either have a positive or negative rhesus.
- Blood group A has A antigens and B antibodies
- Secondly, Blood group B has the B antigens and A antibodies
- Blood group AB has A and B antigens but neither A nor B antibodies.
- Blood group O doesn’t have A or B antigens but has both A and B antibodies.
THE Rh SYSTEM
The red blood cells have another antigen known as the RhD antigen. If this protein is present, then your blood group is RhD positive. If it’s absent, your blood group is RhD negative.
This means you can belong to one of these blood groups.
- An RhD positive (A+)
- A RhD negative (A-)
- B RhD positive (B+)
- B RhD negative (B-)
- O RhD positive (O+)
- O RhD negative (O-)
- AB RhD positive (AB+)
- AB RhD negative (AB-)
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO KNOW YOUR BLOOD TYPE
It is important to know the blood type you belong to so that you will be able to stay healthy and even plan for the unknown
- By knowing your blood type, you get the right transfusion in an emergency
- To know your donor type
- To know how common or rare your blood type is
- Also, To plan a healthy pregnancy
- To lessen the severity of some health conditions
HOW TO KNOW YOUR BLOOD TYPE
Finding your blood type is very simple you can know by:
- Doing a test as ordered by a doctor
- Donating blood
- Taking a test at home
HOW CAN I FIND OUT MY BLOOD TYPE AT HOME
For this type of testing, you prick your finger and put some drops of blood on a special card. On the special card, you will see some part of the blood clumping and others spread out. In the kit, you will find an included guide and that will help you know what group you belong to.
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- How to Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED