Fairtrade Africa Invites Job Applications
Job Title: Human Rights Advisor
Fairtrade Africa (FTA), a member of the wider Fairtrade International movement represents Fairtrade certified producers in Africa and the Middle East. We operate four regional networks: Eastern and Central Africa Network (ECAN) based in Nairobi, Kenya; West Africa Network (WAN) based in Accra Ghana, Southern Africa Network (SAN) based in Blantyre- Malawi, South Africa and the Middle East and North Africa Network (MENA).
Fairtrade Africa is owned by producer organizations certified against Fairtrade International Standards; covering agricultural commodities such as coffee, cocoa, tea, flowers, cotton, bananas, cane sugar, wine, fresh fruits and non-traditional commodities including shea butter. The organization represents over 1,600,000 producers across 33 countries in Africa. FTA works closely with and in partnership with National Fairtrade Organizations such as Fairtrade Foundation (FTF) in the United Kingdom, in delivery of the organization’s programs.
FAIRTRADE AFRICA PURPOSE
To improve the socio-economic conditions of African producers through increased access to better trading conditions.
ABOUT THE JOB
Human Rights Advisor works as an expert and coordinator of Fairtrade Africa’s work on Human Rights and Environmental Due Diligence (HREDD).
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Firstly, to manage regional HREDD dialogue project,
- Secondly, to advice other projects under DONUTS programme on human rights issues,
- Lastly, to coordinate and contribute to Fairtrade Africa’s participation in Fairtrade-wide HREDD work.
Key Performance Areas
- Develop the participatory HREDD dialogue concept together with Fairtrade’s Centre of Excellence for HREDD,
- Write the plan and budget for the project,
- Coordinate the project implementation,
- Support rightsholder-driven identification and assessment of salient human rights and environmental issues and their root causes in the participating countries and sectors,
- Develop dialogue formats and facilitation methods, to ensure meaningful discussions between the stakeholders,
- Arrange trainings, organize workshops and dialogue events,
- Update the HREDD dialogue concept based on participants’ feedback and lessons learned,
- Monitor the project, supported by DONUTS programme MEL manager,
- Write reports (quarterly and annually).
Advise other projects under DONUTS programme on human rights issues
- Support and provide advice for these projects in the human rights’ issues such as risk identification and mitigation
- Provide training for the programme team on issues such as human rights, workers’ rights and HREDD.
Coordinate and contribute to Fairtrade Africa’s participation in Fairtrade-wide HREDD work
- Firstly, In collaboration with other FTA staff, contribute to Fairtrade-wide HREDD workstreams: System development, Business services, Advocacy and Capacity building. This includes concrete collaboration with Fairtrade colleagues from around the world.
- Secondly, Coordinate FTA’s participation in Fairtrade-wide work on human rights and environmental risk assessment, which includes
- Thirdly, expert input to risk assessment plans
- Moreover, liaison with Heads of Regions, Product managers, and Fairtrade Centre of Excellence on HREDD
- Additionally, support for workshops and surveys with producers
- Afterwards, Support and provide advice for HREDD related capacity development work
- Finally, Provide training for FTA staff on human rights and HREDD.
- Submit necessary monitoring and reports as per required timelines
- Develop own expertise
Bachelors Degree in Human Right or related field
How To Apply for this Fairtrade Africa Job
Interested persons should send current CVS with cover letters and copies of relevant certificates to e-mail: email@example.com
Closing Date: 21st September 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job Opportunity
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED