August 20th, 2022 at 09:34 am
CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
CARE Ghana seeks an education expert to serve as Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) on its anticipated USAID-funded Strengthening Accountability in Ghana’s Education System (SAGES) project. This project aims to improve primary education service delivery through institutionalizing accountability in the Ghanian primary education system.
The activity will support efforts led by the Government of Ghana (GOG), in particular the Ministry of Education (MOE) and its agencies/affiliates, to strengthen the enabling environment for education accountability and increase the performance of the education system.
The DCOP will support the Chief of Party (COP) in all programmatic and administrative areas. They will lead and provide technical expertise in programming public participation and coordinating the program’s work with beneficiaries. In collaboration with the COP, the DCOP will be responsible for the successful performance of the project as defined in the program’s statement of work.
This activity is expected to be a five-year program in the $40-$50M range.
This position is pending donor approval and funding. Ghanaian candidates are encouraged to apply.
Location: Accra, Ghana
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Firstly, Oversee the coordinated planning (of activities and resources) and implementation of the program and program operations in line with state-of-the art strategies, technical standards, and applicable USAID rules and regulations.
- Secondly, Coordinate technical inputs on project activities. Hire and supervise technical staff, perform quality control, and ensure appropriate collaboration with partner project teams.
- Thirdly, Oversee fulfillment of all contract deliverables including technical and administrative reports.
- Moreover, Manage and supervise the work of project team members, subcontractors, and expert consultants to achieve relevant project objectives and targets and ensure timely implementation of designated activities.
- Additionally, Promote a team approach that emphasizes high-level performance, creative approaches, adaptive feedback and achievement of project goals in a cooperative, collegial atmosphere.
- More so, Support the COP in all management aspects of the project and represent the program in the COP’s absence to key national, sub-national, and international partners.
- Afterwards, Oversee budget implementation and financial management as needed.
- Last but not least, Ensure project activities comply with donor regulations, project management policies, and CARE Ghana rules and regulations.
- Finally, Create management systems in line with CARE’s standard operating procedures, ensuring consistency with project needs.
- Master’s degree in project management, education, political science, or a relevant social science discipline.
- Eight (8) or more years progressively responsible experience working on educational programs. Previous management experience on primary and secondary education programs (including improved reading skills, access to education, and equity) and/or youth workforce development.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in implementing effective accountability, transparency, public oversight, social audit, and anti-corruption approaches.
- Experience working on CSO capacity building preferred.
- English fluency required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ghana governance and public administration sector, including prior DCOP, Program Director, or similar managerial experience.
- Specific understanding of the USAID Education goals under the Ghana Country Development Cooperation Strategy preferred.
- Ability to successfully recruit, train, develop, and manage staff.
- Ability to manage agreements and all required programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
- Ability to perform internal control functions to manage project operations.
How to Apply for this CARE Ghana Job
Closing Date: 31st August 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Administrative Manager Job Vacancy at International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
- APPLY NOW|| Newmont Mining Corporation Latest Job
- Exciting Career Opportunity at TechnoServe
- Catholic Relief Services Job Opportunity
- Exciting Career Opportunity at Bunge
- Global American Business Institute Latest Job
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Latest Job Offer
- Kinross Gold Corporation Employment Opportunity
- Job Vacancy at St. Joseph’s College of Education
- New Job Openings at Epiroc
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED