APPLY NOW|| Newmont Mining Corporation Latest Job
Job Title: Senior Project Controls Analyst
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- Lead Project Control for a specific project and support other regional Development and Sustaining Capital projects as needed, providing cost estimating, cost control, planning and scheduling, cost and schedule analysis, and project reporting, across all Project Stages.
- Maintain close coordination with internal stakeholders as well as EPC(M) Contractor(s) and/or Owner led Contractor(s).
- Rapidly identify deviations to cost or schedule to allow proper decision making by Project Management (Change control).
In This Role You Will:
- Firstly, The primary focus of this role will be to provide scheduling support to Ahafo South.
- Secondly, Assist in the development of the schedule baseline and maintain project status
- Thirdly, Assist in the development and assume control of the Owner’s S&ER schedule including land acquisition, resettlement, crop compensation, etc.
- Moreover, Assist in the development of the progress system for the Owner’s S&ER scope
- Additionally, Coordinate all schedule activities with the Lead Planner and insure seamless data transfer
- More so, Provide coverage on overall schedule as required
- Furthermore, Schedule will be maintained in P6 (Primavera)
- Thereafter, Training to be provided as needed
- Then, Follow regional and corporate approved Guidance to support project management, candidate will:
- assist in the development of the schedule baseline and maintain project status.
- develop the cost baseline (Original Budget) and maintain the Current Budget and Forecast through an effective change management and forecasting process.
- oversee the development of a comprehensive progress and performance system and coordinate reporting.
- coordinate overall monthly and other as needed project reporting.
- Also, Provide project controls input and coordinate overall development and QC of documentation to advance projects through Investment System and Stage Gate Process.
- Afterwards, Engage the assistance of corporate estimating and controls functional support if required on complex or higher risk projects.
- Most importantly, Act as Owner’s primary liaison and primary interface with Project Accounting.
- Last but not least, Provide controls input and analysis for monthly reports as well as project and contract closeout reports.
- Finally, Maintain an active risk register and communicate gaps and corrective action identified to the Project Director and Regional Project Controls Manager and implement corrective action as agreed with project stakeholders.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- To begin with, Minimum requirement of bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Accounting or Project Management or equivalent experience, or equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary.
- Then, Project management training
- Also, An understanding of construction techniques, methods, productivity, and costs.
- Besides the above, A good knowledge of accounting principles.
- Minimum of 7 years’ working experience in the engineering and construction management with at least 3-year experience in project controls including successful completion of a project assignment
- Practical experience with SAP.
- Knowledge of Newmont’s stage gate procedures.
- Intermediate to advance level of software applications and tools for scheduling and cost management
- Good organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills (in English).
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- A flexible attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Deadline driven.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- Results driven.
- Firstly, Position is located at the Ahafo mine.
- Secondly, The work will be in a shared field project office subject to changing conditions.
- Lastly, Position will be required to travel to other locations and project offices in Ghana and visit construction and mining sites and must be fit enough to traverse rough ground, climb ladders, and walk for 15 minutes without tiring.
Closing Date : 24th August. 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs announces job vacancies at AU
- Exciting Career Opportunity at Palladium
- Lancaster University Ghana Career Opportunity
- JOB VACANCY FOR CREDIT MANAGER AT A RURAL BANK
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Director at Abt Associates
- Job Opportunity Available at University of Ghana
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- New Employment Opportunity at ENI Ghana
- Maersk Calls For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at PATH
- New Job Opportunity at MTN Ghana
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED