Administrative Manager Job Vacancy at International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
The position holder is required to provide administrative functions for the IWMI-West Africa Office under the direction of the Country Representative and in consultation with relevant departments at IWMI Head Quarters.
Duties AND Responsibilities:
Human resources functions
- Main point of contact for HQ HR department.
- Manage recruitment/selection, induction/settle-in process (in collaboration with HR) for all new staff, consultants and interns including related logistical support.
- Assist expatriate staff, interns/fellows in securing suitable accommodation and suitable rental contracts.
- Firstly, Manage the IWMI-West Africa office; recommend and implement policies and processes, develop, maintain, and update administrative procedures, develop and maintain proper record/filing system, ensure effective customer interface for visitors,
- Secondly, Oversee the work of other support staff to ensure that research staff have adequate administrative support.
- Thirdly, Manage the office space supervise the work done by the maintenance staff and oversee the cleaning of the office and its surroundings
- Moreover, Oversee the IT function and ensure the provision of adequate level of IT support.
- Additionally, Under the guidance of the Head of Office, manage the overall regional communications within IWMI-West Africa for all general, non-research topics.
- More so, Manage IWMI Ghana email account and update the CR on relevant emails sent to that account.
- Then, Oversee work outsourced by the office and contracts with vendors. (Horticultural Services, Security Services)
- Finally, Coordinate workshops, conferences, and meetings in and outside the office, etc.
Implement Host Country Agreement and other Hosting Agreements
- To begin with, Oversee interactions with Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies on all administrative matters in consultation with the CR
- Then, Oversee submission of annual report and other knowledge materials to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in consultation with the CR
- Also, Oversee the implementation of diplomatic privileges granted by the Government of Ghana through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to IWMI and all IRS
- Afterwards, Oversee the implementation of the responsibilities on IWMI to the Government of Ghana
- Last but not least, Oversee the drafting and renewal of service and hosting agreements with hosted Institutions.
- Finally, Point of contact for HR and administrative services to hosted institutions
Health and Safety
- Recommend and implement policies and processes to ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
- Oversee training on health and safety in the work environment including the use of fire extinguishers
- Serve as CGIAR COVID – 19 Focal Point for Ghana
- Act as Health and Safety Focal Point for Ghana
- Implement COVID-19 protocols including assisting staff to prepare field trip risk assessment, review of health evaluation forms for staff and visitors to the office.
Logistics, Procurement, Facility Management
- Oversee the transport unit including the supervision of staff attached to the transport unit.
- Manage the transport requirements – scheduling drivers based on transport requests.
- Ensure the maintenance, servicing and repair of IWMI vehicles.
- Prepare accurate monthly statements from vehicle log sheet and submit same to the accountant after approval.
- Maintain Vehicle Registration File
- Firstly, Maintain a record of key suppliers
- Secondly, Oversee the day-to-day delivery of procurement services in collaboration with the Finance Manager
- Thirdly, Handle all IWMI shipment and process tax clearance and VAT exceptions on all imported items for IWMI and hosted organizations.
- Afterwards, Prepare letters for the issuance of Foreign Ministry ID cards and resident permits for IWMI International Staff and International Staff of hosted organizations.
- Lastly, Process visas for IWMI Staff/Staff of hosted organizations as well as official visitors.
- Responsible for managing the maintenance requirements of the IWMI Ghana office and infrastructure.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A postgraduate university degree in business administration, human resources or equivalent professional status awarded by a relevant professional institute.
- Then, Minimum of 10 years of work experience, including at least 7 years of demonstrated experience in international research for development organization
- Also, Good organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Moreover, Demonstrated strong communication skills, particularly when preparing correspondence and briefings.
- Thereafter, Demonstrated familiarity with social media and the ability to use such media to promote inter-office communications and information sharing.
- Finally, Prior experience in similar position with international organizations preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken.
- Conversant in MS office software packages.
- Experience in management or administration in similar International Organization
- Experience with handling protocols under diplomatic arrangement.
- Outstanding service approach and high level of interpersonal, communication and service management skills in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural organization.
- Very good personal organization and priority setting skills.
- Commitment to teamwork and strongly valuing the sharing of information and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere.
- Well-developed administrative skills and good communication skills.
- Demonstrates effective skills in leading and managing people.
- Focus on high quality service.
- Good understanding on the application of relevant administrative policies and procedures.
This is a nationally recruited position and only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana will be considered. IWMI offers a competitive salary and benefits package, inclusive of health insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and long-term disability coverage. The duration of the contract will initially be for a period of three years with the possibility of extension.
Closing Date : 17th August. 2022
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs announces job vacancies at AU
- Exciting Career Opportunity at Palladium
- Lancaster University Ghana Career Opportunity
- JOB VACANCY FOR CREDIT MANAGER AT A RURAL BANK
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Director at Abt Associates
- Job Opportunity Available at University of Ghana
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- New Employment Opportunity at ENI Ghana
- Maersk Calls For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at PATH
- New Job Opportunity at MTN Ghana
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED