August 19th, 2022 at 02:51 pm
Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UMA is seeking to employ qualified, experienced and motivated Radio & Communication Technician to join our team. This is Obuasi based Fixed Term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidate.
ROLE: Radio and Communication Technician
Reporting to the Electrical Forman, the incumbent will be responsible for installations works, preventive, testings, break down repairs, and routine maintenance on a variety of communication systems and equipment. These works include but are not limited to UHF & VHF Leaky Feeder System installation and maintenance on both analogue and digital platforms in active mining environments, telemetry systems, PLC systems, two-way radio repeater infrastructure, optical fibre and copper networks including installation, termination and testing, microwave Systems, and bench level electronic repairs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoots, installs, maintains, tests, repairs, and modifies mobile and fixed radio and wireless communications equipment to meet present needs.
- Reads technical journals and/or manuals, attends seminars and appropriate professional development workshops to learn about job related equipment
- Installs, repairs and maintains microwave radio and multiplex equipment, both analog and digital, and point to point communications systems.
- Assists in the planning and designing of new installations, systems, and equipment.
- Checks frequencies and solves interference problems.
- Provides technical expertise in the consideration of equipment and system needs and concerns.
- Periodically checks reliability of equipment.
- Attends training and reads publications to remain current in electronic technology.
- Reviews Motorola service bulletins as released and communications necessary information when required
- Establishes and maintains positive and professional working relationships with co-workers and managers as well as aid and support co-workers in specific situations.
- Maintains logs and prepares reports and correspondence as required.
- Maintains inventory of equipment and parts.
- Completes work orders in a timely manner and ensures accuracy of paperwork being completed
- Discuss equipment operation and problems with customer personnel to determine if repair is required
- Performs installation of infrastructure
- Perform radio programming
- Represents the Company or department at meetings as requested.
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree or Diploma in wireless communication or telecommunications program or a related discipline from an accredited Technical University or College, or equivalent experience with MinCom Certification
- Then, Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and able to drive.
- Also, Previous work experience in underground mining would be a definite asset;
- Thereafter, Accomplished written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Afterwards, Must have strong observation and analytical skills.
- Moreover, Ability to demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers.
- Last but not least, A strong focus toward safety and hazard identification
- Finally, Strong sense of urgency and outcomes focused.
How To Apply for the Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioural characteristics, organisational fit, capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages with most recent positions first
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to email@example.com before or on 1st September 2022.
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Administrative Manager Job Vacancy at International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
- APPLY NOW|| Newmont Mining Corporation Latest Job
- Exciting Career Opportunity at TechnoServe
- Catholic Relief Services Job Opportunity
- Exciting Career Opportunity at Bunge
- Global American Business Institute Latest Job
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Latest Job Offer
- Kinross Gold Corporation Employment Opportunity
- Job Vacancy at St. Joseph’s College of Education
- New Job Openings at Epiroc
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED