University of Maryland Invites Job Applications
POSITION: Senior Project Manager
The University of Maryland’s Center for International Democracy and Conflict Management (CIDCM) is looking for a project manager in Tamale, Ghana, for a USAID-funded project. The candidate will help a larger team made up of both academics and practitioners with project management and planning. We want someone who is self-motivated and will take the initiative to solve problems and make sure the project goes well. The job is full-time and is based in Tamale, Ghana.
What the project is about
The goal of the project is to lower the risk of radical violence in northern Ghana by building trust and unity between different groups of people. Together with Washington State University, USAID, and local partners WANEP-Ghana and Norsaac, CIDCM has come up with a new People-to-People strategy to fight the growing danger of terrorism and help USAID reach its goals.
We will do community-based interventions in about 20 different places in the region. We will collect data before and after the interventions and use other targeted research methods to see how well the interventions work. The project will take place in different parts of northern Ghana, but its main office will be in the city of Tamale.
What the In-Country Project Manager needs to do
- The Project Manager will work closely with team members from different organizations to make sure that all project actions, such as gathering data, making interventions, and doing evaluations, are done well. Candidates who are strong will have the following:
- Knowing what’s going on in Northern Ghana
- Excellent skills for keeping things in order
- Knowledge of or experience running a USAID project. Excellent people and communication skills.
- The ability to work closely with people up, down, and side to side (with directors, field staff, USAID personnel, and US-based managers)
- Comfortable in a managerial or implementation job. Familiarity with basic planning and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work with people from other cultures
- Comfortable living in a small town in northern Ghana.
- Exposure to important issues linked to building peace and/or doing things in the community
Skills or Experience Needed
- Education: Master’s degree or higher in international affairs, development, conflict, public policy, the social sciences, peacebuilding, or a related area.
- Experience: At least five years of work in the areas of international development and/or peacebuilding.
- English is the only language allowed.
How to Apply for this University of Maryland Job
To apply, send a one-page Cover Letter explaining why you want to work on the project and what skills you have, along with a CV/resume and the names of three possible references, to this website: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/106099.
Closing Date: 30th April 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Newmont Mining Corporation Latest Job Offer
- Secondly, New Job Vacancy at Serendipalm Co. Ltd.
- Thirdly, Job Vacancy at Food and Agriculture Organization
- Then, Abt Associates Calls For Job Applications
- Also, New Job Advertisement at Old Mutual
- Moreover, Job Opening at International Cocoa Initiative (ICI)
- Additionally, AirtelTigo Latest Job Recruitment Announcement
- More so, Chirano Gold Mines Limited Job Opportunities
- Afterward, Norsaac Calls For Job Applications
- Lastly, ABS Bureau New Job Announcement
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED