Regional Cocoa Programme Manager At Fair Trade Ghana Network
About Fair Trade Ghana
Fair Trade Ghana is a not-for-profit organization that is committed to providing a platform for all producer organizations certified by Fair Trade in Ghana through the promotion of opportunities to support networking and developing strategic partnerships for the benefit and progress of all certified producer groups who are members of the network.
POSITION: Regional Cocoa Programme Manager
About The Role
The West Africa Cocoa Programme (WACP) forms part of the global cocoa plan of Fairtrade with the main goal of ensuring Cocoa producer organizations in West Africa are strong, viable and inclusive leading to clear benefits for members and commercial partners.
The role will manage teams in the delivery of the programme and projects to support the producer’s capacity development and also establish and maintain relationships with producer and worker groups in providing product and organizational support.
- TEAM: Programmes
- LOCATION: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire or Accra, Ghana
- REPORTING LINES: Head of Region
- Staff reporting to this post: Cocoa Team leaders
- SCALE LEVEL: Manager Level 1
- BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: Yes
Successful applicants will perform the following duties:
1 . Programme Management
- Coordinate the producer needs assessment programme and the development of programming activity in line with the regional and FTA objectives
- Provide network development support for member networks such as product and country groupings.
- Develop and implement project plans to ensure that each project is delivered successfully on time and meets the agreed objectives of the wider strategy
- Develop and coordinate capacity development work plans and ensure effective implementation through the management of Programme Team Leaders and Officers.
- Manage implementing partnerships with other organisations to further FTA’s programming activities.
- Support producers and members to attend local regional and international events.
- Support the production of regional communications including drafting articles for newsletters, assisting in compiling and drafting of producer experiences and sharing of best practices.
- Support the maintenance of FTA’s producer database ensuring it is updated regularly.
- Develop plans for producers and member organisations to maximize their engagement and participation through excellent communication and relationship management.
- Support the identification of commercial opportunities and facilitate NFO, donor and buyer visits to the producer and member organizations
- Monitor budget disbursements for field staff programming activities.
2 . External Relations
- In consultation with the Head of Region provide governance support for member representatives via Regional Board and Members Meetings.
- Manage communications with existing donors and delivery partners, to promote deeper engagement, loyalty and maximizes long term value.
- Develop relationships with new donors and partners including identifying potential partners, nurturing relationships and support proposal writing.
3 . Reporting
- Lead and co-ordinate the preparation of financial, donor and programme progress reports
- Ensure the effective monitoring and evaluation of projects within the portfolio.
- Work with the M&E Officer in the collection of monitoring data to coordinate impact or evaluation studies ongoing in the region
4 . General Management
- Ensure the provision of reports on grants, M&E, Finance, Programme activity
- Plan, coordinate and execute the annual operational plan, providing the team with the needed direction to achieve results and hold them accountable.
- Support staff in developing realistic work plans based on programmatic needs.
- Regularly discuss performance, give timely, constructive feedback, provide support to address issues and act when necessary
- Provide technical support, guidance and development for team members
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Agriculture, or related field
Experience and Knowledge Needed
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in agricultural development
- Experience in supporting ethical and sustainable supply chains
- Knowledge of agricultural development and sustainable business practices
- Knowledge of Fairtrade standards and processes
- Advocacy and facilitation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Project management skills
HOW TO APPLY?
An application form (CVs will not be accepted) can be found on the jobs and volunteering page of our website. DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM HERE Completed applications should be saved in the applicant’s name, and the position Regional Cocoa Programme Manager.
Also, all applicants should state how they meet essential requirements of the post and include their email address, telephone contacts and three referees with contact details on the application form.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION:
The application deadline is 11th September 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job Opportunity
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED