Job Opportunity Available At Mensin Gold Bibiani Ltd
Mensin Gold Bibiani Ltd (MGBL) is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Risk Superintendent.
- To be accountable for effective management of security operations and fact-finding processes by utilizing policies and procedures made available to safeguard and protect stakeholders, products, environment, and assets to achieve MGBL’s Risk strategic objective.
Selected applicants will perform the duties below:
- First of all, assist in the formulation, review, and implementation of all security policies/procedures regarding crime and investigations, and ensure full compliance with Mining and other Regulations.
- Secondly, ensure consistent improvement in security deliverables (investigation, audit, compliance, background checks, etc).
- Thirdly, initiate and monitor preventive and precautionary measures to decrease criminal activities in the Mine.
- Also, ensure that appropriate devices and resources are procured for the effective running of the security investigative section.
- Furthermore, support and participate in the training and development requirements of employees, especially in terms of new systems and work practices.
- Moreso, maintain a strong bond with key external law enforcement bodies (Ghana Police & Military, Judiciary, National Investigations Bureau, and Inspectorate Division of Mines).
- In addition, compile daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on crimes, thefts, and illegal mining activities carried out on the Company’s concession.
- Afterward, build professional relationships with internal clients, management, and team members to ensure delivery of proposed solutions, and support for the development of business possibilities and personal development.
- Support in the delivery of Safety benchmarks of the MGBL.
- Educate subordinates on the standards of quality, quantity, timeliness, and cost to be applied to their work
- Ensure employees have the required skills, knowledge, and competence levels in their roles to achieve department objectives.
- Also, familiarize with and strictly adhere to MGBL’s Health, Safety, and Environmental standards and provide safety Leadership in complying with and supporting these standards and practices.
- Then, actively participate and promote continuous improvement initiatives.
- In addition to that, provide line staff with the necessary training, skills, knowledge, and tools to do their jobs safely.
- Besides that, observe operations to detect violations of Legal and Corporate requirements and report to management.
- Assist in accident and incident investigations and ensure that remedial actions are implemented by scheduled dates.
Qualification and Experience
- A professional qualification in Security Management, Social Science, or related discipline from a recognized Tertiary Institution.
- Advanced qualification in Security Investigations and experience in command/managerial positions will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of progressive security exposure in the extractive environment or experience in security services (e.g., Military, Police, or Governmental or Private Security Service) or 6 years of supervisory experience in the corporate sector at an operational level, in a multi-national setting, or Civil the sector with international exposure.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in Investigations of which 2 years should be managerial experience in intelligence gathering and analysis.
- Possess a valid Ghanaian Driving License.
- Must be familiar with HF and VHF radio, and be able to respond to calls on a 24/7 basis.
- Must be conversant with Voluntary Principles of Security and Human Rights (VPSHR).
- Solid understanding and interpretation of Security related legislation.
- Comprehensive security knowledge and experience in mining operations.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner as well as to coordinate, plan and execute actions in response to security problems.
- Ability to take initiative and willingness to keep abreast of new developments in the security and risk area.
- Demonstrated understanding of crisis and emergency management protocols in an extractive industry setting.
- Proficient computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to drive a light vehicle.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a competent team.
- Ability to make decisions correctly and promptly and in line with Company Values.
- Understand managerial needs and directions.
- Must have experience in conflict resolution.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver instructions clearly and thoroughly.
- High regard for confidentiality of information.
- Must have no criminal record.
- Must be a team player.
How to apply
Qualified and Interested candidates should send their CVs and copies of certificates to
[email protected] with ‘Risk Superintendent’ as the subject of the email.
For any interested individual within the MGBL Communities-of-Interest, you may submit a copy of your application details to the MGBL COMMUNITY OFFICE located at the front of DUNNS PARK old compound Bibiani.
ONLY CITIZENS OF THE COMMUNITIES OF INTEREST MAY SUBMIT APPLICATIONS AT THE MGBL COMMUNITY OFFICE.
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
The closing date for this application is Thursday, 15th September 2022 although candidates may be assessed as and when applications are received.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job Opportunity
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED