Africa countries with more Christians TOP 5
Christianity is one of the two major religions in Africa. The religion is said to have been introduced in Egypt in the middle of the first century. History has it that Christianity was brought from Jerusalem to Alexandria on the Egyptian coast by Mark, one of the four evangelists, in 60 AD.
However, due to the conquest of the Islamic religion to gain more ground, Christianity could not be spread further to North Africa. At the moment, the number of people that have embraced the Christian religion can be found in Central Africa, Southeast Africa, and Southern Africa.
Some west African countries have a large number of Christians because of the European missionaries who came to colonize them.
AFRICAN COUNTRIES THAT HAVE CHRISTIANS DOMINATING.
1. Firstly, São Tomé And Príncipe
São Tomé And Príncipe is a small island that can be found in the Gulf of Guinea off Central Africa’s Coast. In the 15th century, the Portuguese found the island and as a legacy, Roman Catholicism has become the dominant religion there. 97.0% of the population of São Tomé and Príncipe are linked to Christianity and 55.7 percent account for Roman Catholics.
2. The Democratic Republic Of The Congo (DRC)
In DRC, Christianity is the major religion of a large number of the population. The percentage of people who are Christians in the country is 95.8%. Out of this percentage, 35 million of them are Catholics. The Catholic church is responsible for managing the education of most children in the country.
Also, the hospitals, stores, and farms are managed by the Catholic church. Also, 25 million of the population belong to the Church of Christ in Congo or the Protestant Church, making it one of the world’s biggest Protestant bodies.
95% of the country’s population are Christians. 50% of the Christians in the country are Catholics while about a quarter is members of the Protestant churches including the Methodists, Congregationalists, Baptists, and others. Christianity started in Angola through European missionaries.
Rwanda has a Christian population of 93.6 percent and the Roman Catholics are the dominant group in the country. Due to the genocide that happen, most people shifted from Catholics to become Protestants. Currently, the population has 43% being Catholics, 37.7% being Protestants and 11.8 % being Seventh Day Adventists.
The island has 93.1% of the national population belonging to Christianity including 76.2% Roman Catholics and 10.6% Protestants. Only 1.1% make up the non-Christian faiths of the country’s population while the rest are non-religious.
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED