Top 5 technology champions in Africa
The number of investors on the continent that specialize in financing the digital sector is increasing each year. We have selected 10 investors and seed-fund operators that were active over the 2021-2022 period, taking into account the number of operations, the size of their funds, the type of the projects financed, and the management teams. In this article, we show you the top 5 tech champions in Africa.
1 . To begin with, Club of unicorns
Already high in the 2021 ranking, Olugbenga Agboola, co-founder and CEO of the payment platform Flutterwave, is in first place this year after raising $250m in February. His company is now valued at $3.2bn.
2 . Secondly, Innovators
In the French-speaking zone, Wave, with Carine Coura Sene at the helm (6th), has made a rapid ascent. The Senegalese woman is one of eight female leaders that made the ranking, which demonstrates that more and more women are taking up positions of responsibility in this sector. After successfully completing a $200m first round of financing, Wave, which is now valued at $1.7bn, is now trying to export its Senegalese success to Côte d’Ivoire, Benin, and Guinea.
3 . Thirdly, Flutterwave
Flutterwave ranking the first African Tech company is an African fintech company that specializes in the provision of payment infrastructures for world merchants. The company was created by Olugbenga Agboola. It was created with the aim of providing a digital means which connects Africa and in turn the rest of the world.
Another of its objective is to provide another reliable payment solution for the businesses in the African continent and the world at large. Adding to its record, Flutterwave has successfully processed more than 100 million transactions which are valued at more than $5 billion. An investment worth over $35 million from strategic investors was secured in 2020 by Flutterwave
4 . Also, Helium Health
Helium Health is one out of the two health technological companies which made it to the top ten (10) of the fintech with its total score at 92.5 after gathering 29 points from local storytelling, 34 for brand type, and 29.5 for the experience.
5 . Lastly, Chippercash
This brand type is concentrating on establishing its presence in the fintech category. The company is present in more than seven (7) African countries. The services of this company include API payment solutions, trading of cryptocurrency, and investment services. In November 2020, Chipper Cash raised about $30 million in investment.
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED