Top 5 mining companies across Africa
Africa’s mining industry is the second largest in the world. The continent is endowed with a large number of mineral resources and these minerals have played a significant role in the economic development of these African countries.
There are numerous mining companies in Africa that have their roots in other continents. The growth of these mining companies is offering employment to the citizens of these African countries.
Here are some top mining companies across Africa.
1 . Firstly, RIO TINTO
To begin, Rio Tinto is an Anglo-Australian multinational mining company that has its headquarters in London. The firm was established in 1873 when some investors bought a mine in Spain from the Spanish government. The company is among world leaders when it comes to the production of aluminum, iron ore, copper, uranium, and diamonds.
Rio Tinto has operations in refining bauxite and iron ore. The company has a gross revenue of over US$50 billion per annum. It also had a workforce of over 60,000 employees and has a presence in as many as 40 different countries.
2 . Secondly, ANGLO AMERICA
Anglo American is a British multinational mining company. It is one of the leading mining companies in the global market and the world’s largest producer of platinum. The company’s portfolio spans copper, coal, iron ore, nickel, and diamonds.
Most of our smartphones, electric cars, and wind turbines are made from metals produced by this company. Anglo America has offices across Brazil, Chile, the United Kingdom, Australia, and South Africa where they operate the biggest iron ore mine in the world.
3 . Thirdly, VALE
Vale is a Brazilian mining company that is the largest producer of iron ore and nickel in the world. The company has operations in over 30 countries. It was established in June 1942 as a state-owned organization but is now a privately owned entity and the fourth biggest in the world.
4 . Last but not least, NEWMONT MINING CORPORATION
It is the world’s largest mining corporation and owns mines in Nevada, Colorado, Ontario, Quebec, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Australia, Ghana, and numerous others.
When it comes to the production of copper, zinc, as well as lead. Newmont leads the pack. It is the first mining company to have a place on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. It has also created a standard for mining gold in a sustainable way.
5 . Lastly, GOLDCORP
It is a gold production company with its headquarters in Vancouver, Canada. The company has employed more than 15,800 workers worldwide. It is also known for its peculiar method of using innovative ways to mine.
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED