System Software Engineer – Ubuntu Core – IoT at Canonical
Redefine the Linux experience in the embedded environments with the smallest, most secure, and updatable operating system in the IoT market. This is an opportunity for a senior software engineer passionate about open-source software, Linux, security, and developer experience. This challenging role demands a high degree of technical skill with low-level operating systems, kernels, and device firmware.
Our mission is to allow everyone to build robust solutions in various fields including but not limited to IoT, automotive, and aviation using the next-generation secure embedded Linux operating system in a simple solution.
We define a reliable and secure set of device recovery mechanisms that enable device manufacturers to simplify and standardize the field operations for fleets of heterogeneous appliances.
As a senior team member, you’ll be designing and implementing software that runs on various CPU architectures, such as ARM, RISC-V, and X86. You will work on boot mechanisms, bootloaders, storage partition layout, device trees, kernel, services, and userspace applications to manage the system via RESTful APIs.
Build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, a growing international software company.
- Develop system daemons with REST APIs in Golang
- Integrate diverse bootloaders and maintain gadget snaps
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Write high-quality code with unit tests to create new features
- Debug issues and produce high-quality fixes
- Review code produced by other engineers
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
- Work from home with global travel 2 to 4 times a year for internal and external events
- You love technology and working with brilliant people
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable
- Also, should value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM, or similar degree
- You have experience with Golang, C/C++, and Shell
- You have a solid understanding of Linux and a modern GNU/Linux distribution, Debian or Ubuntu preferred
- You have experience or interest in the low-level system and security facilities such as:
- Bootloaders in ARM and X86, such as piboot, uboot, grub-uefi
- Systemd and units, udev, initrd, graphics
- OS level firmware daemons and CLI applications
- Linux security implementations – TPM, FDE, LUKS, HSM, etc.
- You have experience with API design and development – REST/gRPC or similar
- You have personal or professional experience with Linux-capable devices such as Raspberry Pi
HOW TO APPLY?
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
The closing date of the application is September 3, 2022.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background creates a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job OpportunityAll Posts
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED