Exciting Career Opportunity at Viamo
Job Title: Country Director
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end users. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard.
The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo connects individuals and organizations using digital technology to make better decisions. With more than 30 million people reached in 2020 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50 million people annually by 2023.
About the role
You will be our representative in-country and a passionate leader within the Digital for Development movement. Your role is to drive impact, working with partners to develop and launch innovative and effective digital engagement campaigns via mobile. You will ensure that every large development organization and potential private sector client knows about Viamo’s latest solutions and you will supervise the delivery of Viamo’s work on our projects including multi-year funded programs.
- Firstly, Take the lead in creating impact and ensure that all Viamo staff are passionate and committed to creating impact through mobile
- Secondly, Take the lead on the identification of new business opportunities in Ghana, track and respond to RFPs, and design high-quality budgets.
- Thirdly, Work with partners to design and launch effective mobile engagement projects; this includes building relationships, co-designing projects, preparing budgets, and responding to RFPs.
- Furthermore, Delight our partners with quality, and timely execution of program deliverables.
- Moreover, Manage the 3-2-1 Service, expanding the content available, developing strategic partnerships to ensure sustainability and increase impact for end-users
- Then, Manage relationships with Mobile Network Operators to ensure the infrastructure is in place to connect with all mobile phones in Ghana
- Also, Represent the organization to national government agencies and ensure organizational compliance with national regulatory bodies
- Finally, Manage the Viamo GH team and the administration of the GH office
Key Performance Indicators
- Impact: number of unique listeners and engagements
- Bookings: Value of secured partnerships
- Revenue: Execution & invoicing of program deliverables
Team and Reporting Structure
- Reports to Regional Director for Anglophone West Africa (AWA)
- Line manages: Director of Programs, 3-2-1 Product Manager (1), Enterprise Sales Lead (1). Other staff may be included in the future
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong experience working with key donors and partners, particularly with USAID, UN agencies, and multilateral.
- At least 8 years of senior management experience, including strong intercultural sensitivity, and a passion for unleashing the potential of your colleagues
- Experience of 8+ years in any combination of social enterprise, INGO, mobile network operator, ICT4D, business development
- Proven business development skills, with a history of submitting winning applications
- Project management experience, including reporting and budgeting.
- Excellent budgeting and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (and French, if applicable)
- Demonstrated self-management/entrepreneurial skills; adaptability and resourcefulness.
- Experience living and working in Ghana
- Experience implementing USG-funded projects
How to Apply for this Career Opportunity at Viamo
Closing Date: 21st September 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job Opportunity
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED