January 16th, 2024 at 12:42 am
Study In USA: Illinois State University Graduate Scholarships 2024
For the 2024 academic year, the Illinois State University Graduate Scholarship application process has already started. International students who are interested in applying are highly encouraged to do so.
Our Master of Applied Economics program connects fundamental economic theory and statistical methods to practical issues that decision-makers encounter. This program offers students the applied skills that employers demand and gives those pursuing advanced degrees an advantage in getting admitted to prestigious Ph.D. programs. It places a strong emphasis on extensive training in econometrics and forecasting, exposure to working with large and diverse data sets, and a wide range of statistical software.
The goal of the practical economics series is to provide students with the mathematical and practical economic training that will best prepare them for careers as planners, research analysts, or economists in both the public and private sectors.
The program is ideal for people who want to return to school to pursue a graduate degree in a business-related field to advance in their careers, even though the curriculum is designed as a terminal degree in applied economics and many graduates have gone on to doctoral-level programs in economics and related fields.
A STEM-designated degree, the Applied Economics program concentrates on the methodical study of mathematical and statistical analysis of economic issues and phenomena. Students enrolled in STEM-designated degree programs can also benefit from additional opportunities such as grant funding and extended alternatives for study abroad through OPT.
Requirements for University Admission
A candidate for a master’s program has to:
- have graduated within one academic year from a college or university accredited by the relevant regional accrediting body with a four-year bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- provide unofficial transcripts from all non-Illinois State colleges and universities where graduate, undergraduate, or non-degree credit was obtained. The unofficial transcript ought to be legible and list all courses taken, degrees given, and grades for each term. Official transcripts, if approved, should be mailed in a sealed envelope to Graduate School, 209 Hovey Hall, Campus Box 4040, Normal, IL 61790-4040, or emailed from the institution to GraduateAdmissions@IllinoisState.edu.
Extra Qualifications for Program Admission
A candidate for admission to the program must have completed all of their previous courses toward a master’s degree or their last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. To be admitted without any flaws, candidates must have finished their undergraduate coursework in:
Fundamental statistics and calculus
- Intermediate theory of macroeconomics and microeconomics
- Although they will need to take more classes, students who do not complete these coursework criteria can still be enrolled in the program.
Examination for Graduate Record (GRE)
A verbal GRE score of 140 or higher and a quantitative GRE score of 150 or higher are requirements for applicants. For submitting your GRE results, use institutional code 1319.
GMAT scores may also be provided instead of GRE results.
For admission consideration, applicants must submit GMAT results with a quantitative score of no less than 28 and a verbal score of no less than 18.
Transcripts of Endorsements
Three (3) recommendation letters are required for this program. People who are aware of your academic record should write at least two of the recommendation letters. A professional or extra academic reference from someone who knows you well and can comment on your potential as a graduate student can serve as the third reference. A link to electronically submit their letters will be sent to your letter writers automatically after you enter their email addresses into the online application system.
Along with uploading to the online application system, a student applying to this sequence must additionally
- a current resume or C.V.
- a two-page statement of purpose outlining your reasons for being interested in Illinois State University’s graduate program in applied economics, as well as your career and academic objectives.
International applicants must submit the following in addition to the prerequisites listed above:
- Results from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- The internet-based test’s minimum required TOEFL score is 79 (iBT).
- IELTS minimum score of 6.5 bands
- Duolingo Minimum Score: 105
- Requirements for International Students
Deadlines for Applications
- Fall Term: March 1st, with consideration for financial assistance
- Fall Term: June 15; consideration for financial assistance is not certain.
- Fall Semester: October 15
- Summer Term: There will be no applications received.
HOW TO APPLY?
About Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarships
International students are eligible to apply for merit scholarships and other financial aid from Illinois Wesleyan. International students are those who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
Concerning Illinois Wesleyan University
With an average class size of 16 students and a learning environment limited to undergraduates, Illinois Wesleyan offers individualized attention in every course. At Illinois Wesleyan, experiential learning is highly valued. Approximately 71% of our students have completed at least one internship, and two-thirds of our students perform research.
Situated midway between Chicago, Illinois, and St. Louis, Missouri, Bloomington-Normal, Illinois, has a combined population of approximately 130,000.
A diverse group of thirty civic and religious leaders came together to form Illinois Wesleyan University in 1850 to create “an Institution of Learning of Collegiate Grade.” The United Methodist Church helped the founders when they required a sponsor, which is how “Wesleyan” was added to the original name, Illinois University.
Over time, the university’s connection with the church has changed. As a diverse and inclusive community with autonomous governance, Illinois Wesleyan remains committed to its historic roots while upholding its Methodist connection.
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications: Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job opportunities include: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterward, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- Australian Scholarships for International Students 2022 | Fully Funded
- Universities in Australia without IELTS & Scholarships
- 2024-2025 UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO SCHOLARSHIP
- Scholarships in Australia for 2022 Without IELTS | Fully Funded
- UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA 2024-2025 SCHOLARSHIP
- UNIVERSITY OF ST. THOMAS HOUSTON SCHOLARSHIP 2024-2025
- STUDY IN CHINA: ZHEJIANG NORMAL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS 2024
- STUDY IN THAILAND: SIRINDHORN INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE SCHOLARSHIP 2024
- 2024-2025 CAMPBELL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP
- STUDY IN UK: UNIVERSITY OF BRISTOL THINK BIG SCHOLARSHIP 2024
- STUDY IN NEW ZEALAND: ADB SCHOLARSHIP IN NEW ZEALAND
- FULLY FUNDED SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN SWEDEN | STUDY IN SWEDEN FOR FREE
- STUDY IN AUSTRALIA: AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS SCHOLARSHIPS 2024
- STUDY IN BELGIUM: BELGIAN GOVERNMENT INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS SCHOLARSHIPS 2024
- MCDONALD FELLOWSHIPS FULLY FUNDED FOR 2024–25
- STUDY IN USA: YALE UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP 2024
- STUDY IN UK: UK GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS 2024
- STUDY IN UK: INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS SCHOLARSHIPS 2024
- STUDY IN NETHERLANDS: MAASTRICHT UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS 2024
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED