Project Manager At MDF West Africa Limited
About MDF West Africa Limited
MDF West Africa Limited (MDF West Africa) is a training and management consultancy firm that is registered in Ghana and commenced business on May 2009. MDF West Africa serves global and local clients in any of the West African countries and beyond. With a core staff of 28 professionals, supported by a network of 25 associated trainers/consultants, MDF WA is a multi-project organization implementing approximately 15 projects simultaneously.
MDF West Africa is a fully owned local subsidiary of MDF Training & Consultancy BV that has been building the capacity of individuals, organizations, and networks since 1984 with the mission of ‘empowering people, creating impact’.
The Global MDF has offices in the Netherlands, Belgium, Kenya, Ghana, D.R. Congo, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Myanmar, and project offices in Rwanda, Uganda, and Benin. MDF offers open-subscription training courses, tailor-made training and workshops, and consultancy services in multiple sectors. MDF also provides support to organizations in the design and implementation of project monitoring and evaluation and learning (MEL) processes.
POSITION: Project Manager in Agriculture Sector Development: focusing on Agricultural Value Chains (AVC)
MDF West Africa is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team in the acquisition and execution of projects focusing on Agricultural Value Chains and other related assignments across the West Africa region and beyond.
The MDF team specializes in the execution of assignments in different thematic areas, which include but are not limited to WASH, Education, Agriculture, Empowerment and Entrepreneurship, Governance, Finance, and Circular & Green Economy.
The ability of the MDF Team to implement assignments that cut across different thematic areas allows the cross-fertilization of resources and ideas, generating optimal service to clients.
MAIN TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Acquisition of Assignments
- Acquisition and implementation of projects in both private and public sectors;
- Development of work plans, recruitment of experts, and the management of project acquisition teams during the tender/proposal phase;
- Conduct research on upcoming opportunities and have an open eye for recent developments in the project regions;
- Development of qualified technical proposals and reports, which requires strong writing capabilities within given deadlines;
- Traveling to project destinations on demand, which might be on short notice.
Execution of Assignments
- Follow upcoming opportunities from an early stage of tender development into execution. This includes the development of work plans, recruitment of experts, and reporting.
- Management of our expert teams in Ghana and abroad;
- Monitoring and quality assurance and reporting of all project-related activities during the implementation;
- Maintain client and partner relationships;
- Provide needed support on other assignments where other MDF colleagues are Project Managers.
Required Skills or Experience
Technical Competencies and Professional Experiences
- Relevant Master Degree in business administration, agricultural economics, or similar;
- Min. 3 years of professional experience in (international) development;
- Technical skills, experience, and passion in the areas of agriculture, agribusiness, and/or economic growth are a must;
- Demonstrated experience responding to development partners’ procurement procedures (EU PRAG regulations, AfDB, World bank, IFAD) is an advantage;
- You are open to implementing innovations, especially in ICT adaptation and Green and/or Circular Economy;
- Fluent English is required and solid writing and communication skills in r French would be a strong asset;
- You are able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Service- and client-oriented;
- Independent worker, pro-active/take initiative, business-driven, professional attitude;
- Team player, flexible, goes the extra mile, not a 9 to 5 mentality;
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) on regional and international levels via email, phone, and face-to-face i.e. respectful, business-oriented, broad vocabulary, understanding of culture and customs;
- Practice transparency in dealing with colleagues and clients;
- Can deal with productivity and turnover targets;
- Committed to continuous learning and self-improvement;
- Interest in management for development.
How To Apply
- The position will be full-time (40-hour work week)
- Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com, using Subject: Application Project Manager
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
Before the 30th of September 2022 (11:59 PM GMT). Applications that are not in before this time will not be entertained.
- A cover letter (2-page maximum), outlining your interest, motivation, and qualifications for the position;
- Your CV (including two professional references); and
- A sample of relevant work.
- An assessment and reference check will be part of the application procedure.
There are no relocation funds available.
- ECOWAS nationals are encouraged to apply.
- MDF is an equal opportunity employer and our hiring policy is based on merits and qualifications. We encourage qualified women and men to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED WITHIN THE SELECTION AND INTERVIEW PERIOD THAT ENDS ON THE 14TH OF OCTOBER 2022.
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job OpportunityAll Posts
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED