Job Opportunity at mothers2mothers (m2m)
POSITION: Senior Program Manager
mothers2mothers (m2m) is an African NGO that empowers women to eliminate pediatric AIDS and build healthy families in eight sub-Saharan African nations. m2m trains employs and empower HIV-positive women to work in understaffed health centers and underserved communities as community healthcare workers.
These ‘Mentor Mothers’ provide a variety of health services, counsel, and support to women and their families through a peer-to-peer approach. Founded in 2001 in Cape Town, South Africa, with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child HIV transmission, m2m has innovated and grown to provide family-centered support for a variety of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence.
It also collaborates with governments and other non-governmental organizations to propagate the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a demonstrated track record of growing its services. m2m has reached over 11 million women and children under the age of two and has produced over 10,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For additional information, go to www.m2m.org.
The Senior Program Officer (SPO) will be in charge of planning, coordinating, implementing, and keeping an eye on direct service delivery activities at the m2m project site(s), such as health facilities and community geolocations. They will also work closely with the Programme Director to shape the future of m2m’s technical programming in Ghana, which will include regular reporting on progress and monitoring of program performance.
The SPO will be in direct charge of site staff (Facility and Community Mentor Mothers) and will ensure that direct service delivery activities adhere to established quality standards. For the program’s success, s/he will act as the program liaison with local government, partners, health facility staff, community leaders, and other stakeholders. The Program Director will be in charge of this post, which will be situated in Accra.
Key Performance Indicators;
Design, implementation, and QA/QI of programs
- Assist the Program Director in the creation and refinement of the m2m program toolset (e.g., logic model, training package, operational model).
- Oversee and mentor Facility and Community Mentor Mothers (site staff) on m2m program standards.
- Begin the development of applicable standard operating procedures (SOPs) and improvement strategies for program implementation based on identified quality deficiencies.
- Create quality assurance/quality improvement (QA/QI) interventions based on the outcomes of supportive supervision and program performance reports, and implement corrective actions.
- Oversee site staff recruiting, collaborating with local health facility personnel and community stakeholders.
- Plan and coordinate site-based program activities in health facilities and communities in conjunction with site staff.
- Plan and coordinate site visits by donors, head office officials, the Ministry of Health, and other implementing partners.
- Create work plans, presentations, and reports for projects.
- Document and share success stories, lessons learned, and best practices with other m2m implementing countries and health sector stakeholders in Ghana.
Evaluation and monitoring
- Set and monitor progress toward program targets in collaboration with the M&E Officer and Program Director.
- Work with and support the M&E Officer to ensure the quality of data and reporting.
- Encourage the use of m2m quality improvement and strategic management tools at the site level, both paper and electronic.
- Oversee the entry of program data into applicable systems, which is generated monthly at the health facility level.
- Conduct monthly data quality audits in DHIS2 in accordance with existing Standard Operating Procedures.
- When necessary, extract data from DHIS2 for report creation and program performance reviews.
- As needed, assist with routine program evaluation tasks.
- With the assistance of the M&E Officer, conduct site-level supportive supervision, mentorship, and monitoring activities on both program and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) duties.
Capacity Development and Training
- Assess training requirements.
- Coordinate, plan, and facilitate pre-service and in-service training
- Provide continuing mentorship to site staff on the use of mHealth applications.
Human Resource Administration
- Line manage site staff, including routine supervision and performance reviews, annual leave permission and tracking, disciplinary management, and implementation of the wellness framework.
- m2m staff must live and promote m2m principles such as integrity, honesty, devotion, empathy, compassion, and teamwork.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for program-related materials (M&E tools, site supplies, and so on).
- Ensure that m2m’s resources are used wisely on project sites. Inputs based on activity plans are provided to guide budgets and routine expenditure predictions.
- Record minutes from program-related meetings.
- Monitor and report on any incidents involving site personnel that are linked to safety and security.
Engagement and Representation of Stakeholders
- Create and maintain a stakeholder matrix.
- Assist the Program Director in managing external interactions with stakeholders as needed.
- Attend facility and technical meetings and forums to represent m2m.
- Represent m2m at state and national events as needed.
- Carry out any other duties delegated by the line manager.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A bachelor’s degree in Clinical Medicine, Nursing, Social Science, Public Health, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of seven years of field experience in public health work with a focus on Reproductive Maternal Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH), HIV/AIDS programming, and/or primary health care (PHC) is required.
- In-depth understanding of RMNCH/HIV/PHC/ECD
- Previous experience managing staff teams, particularly community health workers
- On-site technical supervision experience with programmed tools
- Previous experience implementing and managing M&E systems, including capacity building for site-level staff, as well as monitoring and promoting data quality and using data for decision-making and quality improvement
- Knowledge of programmatic and report writing.
- Data management experience, including data entry and report extraction, as well as producing program reports
- Knowledge of and exposure to relevant regulations and guidelines
- Strong preference for experience with mobile health (mHealth) applications.
- Significant experience working in Ghana’s state and local health systems, preferably with lay healthcare workers and peer educators. Experience dealing with state and municipal governments, donors, and non-governmental organizations.
- Proven experience in creating donor/project reports, work plans, and bids.
- Previous experience coordinating inter-organizational processes.
- Capability to motivate, guide, and coach a team.
- Work effectively under pressure, manage various tasks, and fulfill tight/competing deadlines autonomously while making informed decisions.
- Self-motivated, analytical skills, a team player, and a results-oriented individual.
- The ability to take the initiative, work independently, and problem-solve in order to achieve deadlines.
- The ability to negotiate and navigate difficult situations. Cultural awareness.
- Strong communication and writing abilities.
- Technical difficulties must be simplified and communicated to lay health cadres.
- Computer savvy (MS Office suite).
- Fluent in English and the local language.
- A current driver’s license
Accra is the location.
How to Apply for this Job Opportunity at mothers2mothers (m2m)
To apply, click on the link below and fill out all the essential fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: December 1st, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED