Job Advertisement at West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI)
Job Title: Head of Communications Unit
The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) was established to build the institutional and operational capacity of civil society in West Africa, through knowledge management, capacity development, and policy influencing. WACSI seeks a committed, motivated, and dynamic person to join its team in contributing to enhancing civil society’s efficiency and effectiveness in West Africa. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified persons for the position of Head, Communications Unit.
This position will manage the Communications Unit in delivering on the strategic objectives of the Unit towards the achievement of WACSI’s overall vision. The Communications Manager will develop and execute our communications strategy across a number of platforms. The Communications Manager will manage the use of WACSI’s digital platforms, including the website, social media accounts, email, and other dissemination tools.
S/he will publish and promote information relating to WACSI’s work, marketing, editorial, and fundraising content/campaigns on WACSI’s website and across social media. The ideal candidate will have strong aesthetic instincts for digital layouts and publishing and an exceptional eye for detail; show an in-depth understanding of social media platforms’ tools and their specific uses; and a passion for digital transformation and analytics.
This position is also responsible for maintaining WACSI’s donor database, and the E-Directory and providing regular communications with the various stakeholders of WACSI. The Communications Manager will work well in teams and bring ideas and initiative to the position. This person must be exceedingly well-organised, flexible, and fully supportive of the mission of WACSI. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Applicants must have a Master’s Degree in Communication or a related field and possess a minimum of 7 years of relevant working experience. Experience working in the non-profit sector and fluency in English and French is a key requirement.
- Manage the WACSI brand, including brand integrity and visibility across the organisation, and West Africa.
- Facilitate learning and sharing through various electronic and social media tools.
- Manage, design, edit, and publish WACSI’s print and electronic communications including newsletters, annual reports, advocacy alerts, research reports, Op-Eds, and other publications.
- Manage strategy, design, and content development for the WACSI website and digital media platforms.
- Train staff on branding and messaging standards.
- Supervise the storytelling efforts of WACSI to tell the right stories to stakeholders.
- Serve as quality control and editor on print materials and websites.
- Manage the promotion and marketing of WACSI’s capacity-building courses and TechSoup offerings.
- Manage, strategize, and monitor all WACSI social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook.
- Track progress and effectiveness of communications-related activities and share results for continuous improvement.
- Lead in the coordination and support of various communications projects needed
Public & Media Relations.
- Promote WACSI to the non-profit sector, the private sector, policymakers, and the public, particularly across West Africa.
Media and Public Relations
- Develop and manage content, messaging, and storytelling about WACSI for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and carry out media strategy, including developing and driving media calendar, media relations, and tracking press coverage across West Africa.
- Act as a key liaison between WACSI and media contacts throughout West Africa.
- Promote WACSI and its staff in the media.
- Support and coordinate key events and other programmes.
- Lastly, Represent the organisation at events, which may include some travel throughout West Africa.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector is preferred.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Good knowledge of English and French languages (oral and written).
- Strong project planning, critical thinking and problem-solving; self-motivated and self-directed.
- Good knowledge and interest in the use of technology for social change.
- Skilled in visual design.
- Experience with design software.
- Proficient in using social media, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Strong networking and relationship management skills.
- Good understanding of digital marketing concepts and best practices.
- Ability to lead teams and collaborate with other teams.
General Skills and Requirements for all WACSI Staff
- Commitment to WACSI’s mission.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) is required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities effectively and professionally.
- Ability to travel across West Africa.
- The job may occasionally require some moderate lifting (up to 10kgs)
How to Apply for this Job Advertisement at West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI)
Closing Date: 21st June 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Newmont Mining Corporation Latest Job Offer
- Secondly, New Job Vacancy at Serendipalm Co. Ltd.
- Thirdly, Job Vacancy at Food and Agriculture Organization
- Then, Abt Associates Calls For Job Applications
- Also, New Job Advertisement at Old Mutual
- Moreover, Job Opening at International Cocoa Initiative (ICI)
- Additionally, AirtelTigo Latest Job Recruitment Announcement
- More so, Chirano Gold Mines Limited Job Opportunities
- Afterward, Norsaac Calls For Job Applications
- Lastly, ABS Bureau New Job Announcement
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED