Instructions to Applicants: Click on the “Apply now” button. Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. Upon completion of the first page, please hit “submit application” tab at the end of the page. Please ensure that CV or P11 and the Cover letter are combined in one file.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him/herself to be suitable for the position.
- UNDP will cover the cost of travel of the individual to the duty station, as well as their return to their home upon completion of their services.
- Travel costs are covered only in the event that the function will be undertaken physically in the duty station and excludes working from home arrangements.
- Official travel is not envisaged with performing the functions for this consultancy.
The Bureau of External Relations and Advocacy (BERA) is responsible for positioning UNDP as the world’s leading global development network, promoting its global authority and thought leadership on sustainable development and the interconnected issues of poverty, inequality, and climate change.
- BERA leads and supports UNDP in building and nurturing strategic relationships and alliances essential to achieving its mission.
- Creating strong political and financial backing for UNDP by providing partners and supporters with a clear understanding of what UNDP does and how our mission, capabilities and flagship services relate to them.
- The Bureau leads UNDP’s work on innovative and diversified partnerships and ways of financing the Decade of Action to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
- It is also responsible for global campaigns on critical development issues, which aim to inform government policies and build partnerships around high-impact solutions.
- BERA coordinates and sets corporate standards across the functions of partnerships, marketing and communications within UNDP and leads on internal communications.
The Bureau of External Relations and Advocacy is positioned around three service lines;
- Public Partnership;
- Advocacy, Marketing and Communications;
- Private and Finance Partners, all working in close collaboration and coordination under the guidance of the Directorate and with the support of the Management Support Unit and Strategic Analysis and Engagement team.
BERA has a robust network of Representation Offices (Brussels, Copenhagen, Geneva, Tokyo and Washington D.C.) and Regional Teams in five hubs (Africa, Arab States, Asia Pacific, Europe and CIS, and Latin American and the Caribbean) co-led with Regional Bureaux, all of which play a critical role in audience centric communications and management and strengthening of relationships with Public and Private Partners to help build a strong brand for UNDP within the local ecosystem.
Within BERA, the Advocacy, Marketing and Communications Group leads and manages external communications through strategy, media, digital communications, marketing, branding and global storytelling.
Within Advocacy, Marketing and Communications Group, the Digital Comms Studio plays an essential role to develop and manage UNDP’s global online presence, creating compelling public-facing content, leading on social networks and digital engagement, building capacities for greater impact through digital communications, and helping build a strong brand for UNDP.
As part of an organization-wide digital transformation, the Digital Comms Studio has recently launched a major overhaul of UNDP’s corporate websites (including the enterprise Web CMS) to be rolled out throughout 2021-22.
The Social Media Consultant is part of the Digital Communications Studio and will be supervised by the Social Media Coordinator.
- Primarily tasked with content creation and optimization of UNDP’s global social media platforms, the consultant will also analyze global audience behavior;
- Evaluate effectiveness of the current portfolio of platforms;
- Test new approaches;
- Enhance the user experience and journey;
- Support the evolution of practice throughout UNDP’s global network of digital communications personnel.
- The Social Media Consultant will also be a key member of cross-sectional teams to help planning and implementing major communication campaigns and projects.
The consultant will be working under the direct supervision of the Social Media Coordinator, Digital Communications Studio and overall guidance of the Senior Management of the Advocacy, Marketing and Communications Group in BERA.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
- Manage the strategic growth of global audiences through social media and other digital channels.
- Research, edit, write and develop high-impact social media content including copy, graphics, videos and other multimedia formats that effectively informs and engages external audiences and supports campaigns;
- Maintain, monitor and engage with selected social media platforms;
- Develop, implement and evaluate social media plans for major communication projects and campaigns as set forth by the Communications Group’s senior management team;
- Ensure the proper and selective use of social media for audience development;
- Drive paid advertising campaigns across social media;
- Identify and work with influencers for a strategic promotion of UNDP’s work and key messages;
- Research and identify new platforms, best practices and trends in social media and digital;
- Research, produce (in coordination with the Digital team) and distribute a monthly newsletter promoting UNDP’s work;
- Seek opportunities and partnerships to promote UNDP and its priorities through social media.
- Continually optimize UNDP’s social media system.
- Repeatedly evaluate effectiveness of UNDP’s global portfolio of social media platforms;
- Recommend and deploy social media tools for strategic and efficient planning and management;
- Use social media listening tools to drive insights and suggestions for UNDP’s Social media and digital platforms;
- Provide trainings and guidance to staff and colleagues in HQ and worldwide in the effective use of social media.
- Contribute to digital editorial and creative process.
- With communication objectives in mind, work with web editors and communication focal points at headquarters to determine, negotiate and maintain a 12-month editorial calendar for digital communications;
- Along with digital editorial, production and technical teams, develop creative content for digital platforms to build awareness and engagement and achieve strategic priorities.
- Measure web and social media performance
- Support the Digital team in producing regular analytics report for web and social media, specifically campaigns and monthly and yearly reporting, using different tools;
- Provide analysis of data to draw insights and recommendations.
- Perform other duties as needed to ensure the healthy functioning of UNDP’s digital communications ecosystem
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- People Management
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize
- Knowledge of popular digital platforms (e.g.: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), modalities and techniques in web, social media and mobile communications.
- Proficiency in multiplatform paid media campaigns spanning across the digital and social ecosystem
- Ability to engage UNDP’s constitutes and encourage action
- Ability to make decisions that align with strategy, vision, and mission
- Ability to manage the spread of information between the UNDP and the public
- Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge
- Ability to engage with other agencies and forge productive working relationships
- Ability to communicate the value of a product or service
Required Skills and Experience
Min. Academic Education
- Advanced degree in communications, journalism, social science, or a related field.
- First degree acceptable with an additional three years of experience in relevant field.
Min. years of relevant
- Minimum three years of work experience required in the field of digital communications, media, marketing, or another relevant field.
- Outstanding skills in communications, and understanding of media, multimedia and social media required.
- Demonstrated track record of results-based strategic planning and implementation of digital campaigns required.
- Experience with digital analytics and other social media tools for efficient management of digital communications is required.
Desired additional skills and competencies
- Knowledge and experience with paid advertising for social media is preferred.
- Experience producing videos and graphics for social media is preferred (use of Adobe, Lumen 5, Canva and other tools).
- Understanding of international development; international relations; or environmental and/or other relevant issues strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with a multilateral or international/UN organization desirable.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Demonstrated ability to thrive within a complex multicultural and multinational environment strongly preferred.
Required Language(s) (at working level)
Fluency in English is required; fluency in another UN language is an asset
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: September 20, 2021
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED