Exciting Career Opportunity at Absa Bank
Job Title: Finance MI Analyst
With over 100 years of history and a strong position as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a job with our family gives you the chance to be a part of this exciting growth journey, reset our future, and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: We are here for you no matter where you are in your work. Design your future. Find the latest advice, tools, and support to help you reach your full potential. You are Absa. You are a chance.
Summary of the Job
The Finance MI Analyst will be part of the Data Analytics team and will mainly be responsible for the following:
Develop a MI framework that will give the business solid and accurate data to help management make decisions with the goal of making as much money as possible.
Help come up with business ideas that push the organization to improve its “where to play” and “how to win” decisions in order to drive growth, increase profits, and keep a competitive edge.
Make reports every day, every week, and every month that cover all areas of business and performance.
Analytics for Business
Time split: 40%
- Using analytics across functional reports (descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive)
- Help come up with business ideas that push the company to improve its “where to play” and “how to win” decisions in order to drive growth, increase profits, and keep a competitive edge.
- Help promote data as a strategic tool that can be used to find growth opportunities and try out and test new ideas with the goal of getting more customers and making more money.
- To compare real performance to what was planned and figure out what went wrong.
- Help investigate any strange things that happen with money.
- To understand the main factors that affect income and costs, and to create and report the financial and other performance measures that local management and ARO Finance need to track the profitability of major goods and functions.
- Giving feedback and helping to get Flash, Actual, MTP, STP, and RAF ready and sent to the group on time.
- Make regular reports that cover all parts of the product’s life cycle, such as acquisition, portfolio performance, product profitability, credit and collections performance, and operational reports.
- Help keep the level of analysis and evaluation high
- Data on competitors and economic trends are analyzed to track performance and find the most important areas to work on.
Information for management 30%
- Find out what your business partners need from MI and make the tools you need to meet these needs.
- Provide MI on an ongoing basis whenever the group or the local team asks for it.
- Help review business cases for all of your company’s investment projects and keep an eye on the benefits by collecting data on costs, benefits, and profits.
- Help put together presentations and decks for senior managers.
- Make sure the management information is correct and help keep the data quality good.
- Help make sure that the product, segment, and functional P&L and balance sheet in BRAINS and all finance tools are set up correctly.
- Help handle group reports, data, and systems (TMI, SAP, etc.).
- To answer routine and ad hoc calls for information.
- Take part in any finance-related task that Finance asks you to do.
- Make sure reports are done within the agreed-upon requirements and SLAs, and make sure the person who asked for them knows any limits.
- Prioritization of regular and ad hoc reporting to please both external and internal users
Reporting on performance 20%
- Prepare financial reports daily, weekly, and monthly for local management and business duties.
- Make sure that financial and management reports are ready on time, are correct, and can be relied on.
- Help explain Barclays Ghana’s success both in writing and in person.
- Communicate with finance business partners to make sure that functional reports are correct.
- Help prepare any other reports and jobs that will add value.
- Develop and keep up your own skills, information, and professionalism.
- Keep up with what’s going on in the banking business, including both small and large-scale economic factors and trends.
- Meet your own training and development needs by taking part in professional and business training and networking events that are relevant to your needs.
- Champion his or her own improvement in success.
Risk and Safety 5%
- Know the Group and RoA Policies and Standards that apply to your job.
- Understand and take care of risks and risk events (incidents), which helps the Group Risk and Control Framework be followed.
Business, Commerce, and Management Studies (Required) are part of the Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC).
How to Apply for this Career Opportunity at Absa Bank
Closing Date: 21st June 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Newmont Mining Corporation Latest Job Offer
- Secondly, New Job Vacancy at Serendipalm Co. Ltd.
- Thirdly, Job Vacancy at Food and Agriculture Organization
- Then, Abt Associates Calls For Job Applications
- Also, New Job Advertisement at Old Mutual
- Moreover, Job Opening at International Cocoa Initiative (ICI)
- Additionally, AirtelTigo Latest Job Recruitment Announcement
- More so, Chirano Gold Mines Limited Job Opportunities
- Afterward, Norsaac Calls For Job Applications
- Lastly, ABS Bureau New Job Announcement
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED