Graduate Trainee – Surface At Newmont Mining Corporation
About Newmont Mining Corporation
Newmont Mining Corporation is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. It is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana, and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
They offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work for.
- Newmont’s Graduate Development Program (GDP) is the flagship program for recent university graduates. Each year, Newmont selects the most promising graduates to join our Ahafo and Akyem Mine sites and learn our business from the ground up through a structured two-year rotational program.
- The GDP participants help us to achieve our purpose – to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. This purpose is guided by five core values: Safety, Integrity, Sustainability, Inclusion, and Responsibility.
- Undergo job rotations between teams within your discipline, giving you exposure to a variety of experiences over the two-year program.
- Participate in meaningful work assignments and cross-functional projects with clear goals and objectives.
- Have structured job shadowing, allowing you to gain insight into areas outside of your discipline.
- Engage in workplace coaching and mentoring to ensure your success.
- Receive personal and leadership development opportunities for continuous learning.
- Participate in structured activities with your peers to build your professional network.
- Be exposed to an inclusive environment that truly values differences.
- Have access to fixed-term employment with comprehensive benefits and wellness packages.
Qualification and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering, Metallurgical/Minerals Engineering, Geological/Geology Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering with a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) not less than a Second Class Upper.
- Must have completed National Service in 2021 or currently undergoing National Service and due to complete this year 2022.
- National Service experience with a mining company will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of gold mining or broader hard rock mining.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access).
- Strong strategic mindset and leadership potential.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Assertive, influential, and persuasive.
- Presentation skills.
- Act professionally and show respect.
- Pro-active and results and quality driven.
- Customer focused.
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Goal-oriented and reliable.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Reliable, flexible, and independent.
- Safety conscious.
- Strong attention to detail and deliver high levels of accuracy.
- Must be self-motivated and results-driven.
- Able to work in a multinational environment.
Documents Needed For Successful Application
- Updated CV/Resume.
- Educational Certificate as stated above.
- National Service Certificate of completion.
- National ID and Covid 19 Vaccination card.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
The closing date of the application is September 30, 2022.
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- University of Ghana Announces Job Vacancies
- USAID West Africa Call For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at WASCAL
- West Africa Trade and Investment Hub Invites Job Applications
- Newmont Mining Corporation Job Available Vacancy
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research Call For Job Applications
- Canonical Latest Job Vacancies
- Massive Recruitment|| SOCODEVI Invite Job Applications
- Massive Recruitment|| MDF West Africa Limited Job Openings
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED