February 2nd, 2023 at 12:06 am
Exciting Career Opportunity at TREE AID
Job Description: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
About Tree Aid
TREE AID is a UK-based international development organization that was started in 1987. It works in the drylands of Africa to help the rural poor escape the effects of climate change and protect the environment. The countries where TREE AID works are Ghana, Mali, Niger, Burkina Faso, and now Senegal. The main office of TREE AID is in Bristol, United Kingdom. The office for West Africa is in Burkina Faso.
TREE AID is doing more work in Ghana’s five (5) northern regions.
- Set up a participatory monitoring and evaluation system;
- Plan and schedule all data collection activities in the Ghana program;
- Train and support project and technical staff in monitoring and sharing experiences;
- Reality check data analysis and results.
- Help project managers put together internal and external reports, including KPIs and log frame indicators;
- Set up joint monitoring field missions and stay up-to-date on activity planning based on the project’s design and the country’s program strategy;
- Do the necessary research studies to help Tree Aid improve its programs and advocate for them.
1. Set up a participatory monitoring-evaluation system and train technical support staff in monitoring and sharing experiences.
- Help develop project monitoring tools that are useful;
- Make sure project monitoring tools are used by training Tree Aid and partner staff on how to use them; • Work with communities to make sure that regular monitoring is done where it is needed.
- Undertake data management and analysis
- Monitoring and reviewing projects on a regular basis to make sure they are successful. This includes projects that are finished but still need data to be collected.
- Documentation and analysis of learning;
- Knowledge: prepare analytical monthly, quarterly, and donor reports, documenting both qualitative and quantitative data;
- Lastly, Help teams plan, coordinate, and implement baselines, assessments, and the identification of the Extremely Vulnerable according to the evolving/pre-defined criteria;
2. Plan joint monitoring missions on the ground and stay on top of activity planning according to the Annual Work Plans.
- Help the project team oversee project delivery and evaluate performance.
- Then, Help prepare for technical coordination meetings.
- Help the Country Manager oversee field missions, monitoring, and control of project stakeholders.
- Also, Engage key players and beneficiaries from project operation regions and make sure they take part in project monitoring and evaluation.
- Moreover, Facilitate internal monitoring-evaluation meetings and set up feedback/distribute information to beneficiaries and partners.
- Take part in the different internal consultation frameworks (technical meetings, project monitoring committee forums, etc.).
- Finally, Help project officers make the annual work plan (AWP).
3. Help with coordinating and managing projects
- Communicate with the line manager to organize monthly reviews, reflections, and planning meetings with project officers;
- Train staff on M&E tools and methods;
- Help the country manager come up with new projects.
- Get more feedback from stakeholders on how projects and programs are being run.
- Get an M&E manual made and work with the project manager to apply M&E principles.
- Take minutes at meetings and make sure records are accurate. Write down how a program or project works and what it does.
4. Do the necessary research to help Tree Aid improve its programs and meet its advocacy needs.
- Help Tree Aid Ghana and Tree Aid UK do any specific research that may be needed, either directly or by hiring consultants with the right skills.
5. Other duties
- Help with the strategic/annual work plan for TREE AID
- Do any other related tasks that your line manager gives you.
Key areas of performance
Putting in place effective mechanisms and procedures that support development across the whole TREE AID program; incorporating best practices from the project M&E manual; ensuring fair representation in all debates and dialogues about the TREE AID program in Ghana and the evaluation of program themes, and making sure that the voices of people living in poverty and other marginalized groups are heard; keeping in touch with and networking with all staff based in Ghana; and ensuring that the best practices from the project M&E manual are used.
- Country Program Manager, Ghana
- Head of Programs, West Africa
- Director of Operations (West Africa Operations)
- MEL (Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning) Advisor, UK
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in Rural Development, Rural Sociology, Agriculture and Forestry, or a related field. Having a Master’s degree is a plus.
- At least 3 years of experience with monitoring and evaluation (M&E) in development projects.
- Experience designing tools and strategies for data collection, data processing, analysis, performance monitoring, and the production of impact reports/periodic activity reports.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Cultural competence and the ability to work well in an international environment with people from different cultures and points of view.
- Be able to create and manage ODK questionnaires;
- Be able to merge and analyze data from ODK forms and show it in different ways.
- Good writing skills and a style that can be changed.
- Ability to write essays, TOR, guides, summary sheets, and experience capitalization reports for planning, monitoring, and evaluating. Strong knowledge of software, computational tools, computer programming, electronic communication systems, data processing systems, and M&E.
- Ability to talk to people and run training workshops, study seminars, and other meetings. Strong ability to break down and put together information Having French skills is helpful.
- Knowledge of GIS (Geographical Information Systems);
- Focus on getting results;
- Ability to work well under pressure; Friendly, polite, gets along well with others, works well in a team, and is professional. Trustworthy, able to meet deadlines, and focused on getting results.
How to Apply for this Career Opportunity at TREE AID
Candidates who are qualified and interested should send cover letters, CVs, and an Equal Opportunities Form to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and a Copy to: email@example.com
Closing Date: February 10, 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Totalenergies Marketing Ghana Job Opportunities
- Secondly, RecTrain Services Limited Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, Exciting Career Opportunity at World Vision
- Moreover, Food and Agriculture Organization Latest Job Postings
- Additionally, Job Vacancy at JSI Research & Training Institute
- Then, Job Opportunity at AutoShack Ghana
- Also, Catholic Relief Services Latest Job Posting
- More so, Employment Advertisement at Glovo
- Afterwards, Job Vacancies Available at The Haven Hotel
- Finally, Beacon International School Job Opportunities
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED