Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high-quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
The overall goal of the upcoming Strengthening Accountability in Ghana’s Education Systems activity is to strengthen the accountability of the Ministry of Education (MoE) and its agencies and School Management Committees (SMCs) for improved education services and outcomes, using a behavioral science approach.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) acts as the Chief of Party (COP) in the absence of the COP and is responsible for the management of the technical activities and implementation of the project.
Ghanaian nationals are encouraged to apply.
The candidate for the position of Deputy Chief of Party shall have at a minimum the following qualifications:
Master’s degree in a relevant field such as education, management, social sciences or development studies (or bachelor’s degree with five years of relevant experience).
Skills and Experience:
- At least 8 years of experience successfully implementing international development activities, including 3 years’ senior program management experience and supervision of professional/support staff;
- Management experience in areas such as finance, procurement, operations, and human resources preferred;
- Education sector experience in policy advocacy, monitoring, oversight, capacity building preferred;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including report writing; and
- Prior work experience in Ghana is preferred.
Fluency in English is required.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: MARCH 31, 2022
EDC is committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
JOBS VACANCIES AVAILABLE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED