The scale and impact of our work are massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
POSITION: Finance Associate
- Accurate recording of all financial records and ensuring they are in line with company policies.
- Booking bank payments in accordance with the M-KOPA approved chart of accounts by D+2 after the payments are affected.
- Monthly general ledger reconciliation of prepayment, accruals, bank statements, inventory.
- End month journal preparation and posting e.g. revenue, product cost, payment fees.
- Maintenance of creditors ledger/ Accounts Payable reconciliation.
- Posting and reconciling monthly revenue figures and accounts’ receivable balances.
- Managing the purchase-to-pay process and specifically ensuring Purchase Orders are raised on time (before the goods/services are ordered), have all correct information (including an attachment from the vendor e.g., a quote), and are appropriately received.
- Booking of travel advances on a regular basis and submission of a monthly report to HR through the Team Leader.
- Liaising with the company’s auditors, bankers, and tax advisors.
- Ensure compliance with all tax regulations e.g., returns submitted and taxes paid on time.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration (Finance or accounting option), statistics Commerce or related courses from a recognized university.
- Accounting qualifications (CIMA/CPA) or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar position or working with a reputable organization/agency.
- Work experience with a donor-funded institution will be an added advantage.
- A proactive approach to work, the ability to handle multiple tasks, and to maintain a high-quality standard when working under time pressure.
- Full computer literacy with proficiency in the application of all MS office functions, especially Ms. Word & Excel.
- A mature personality of high integrity with great team working skills, a courteous attitude, and a clear sense of confidentiality.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: MARCH 31, 2022
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
RECOMMENDED JOBS FOR TODAY
- Ministry of Health March 2022 recruitment
- The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants Job Vacancy
- Hapag-Lloyd AG Latest Job Vacancy
- Align Technology’s latest job vacancies
- Standard Chartered Bank Invites Job Applications
- APPLY|| Full-Time Employment At Fan Milk
- UNICEF New Job Opening
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES in Quality Assurance / Production Department
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED