The scale and impact of our work are massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
POSITION: Finance Associate
- Accurate recording of all financial records and ensuring they are in line with company policies.
- Booking bank payments in accordance with the M-KOPA approved chart of accounts by D+2 after the payments are affected.
- Monthly general ledger reconciliation of prepayment, accruals, bank statements, inventory.
- End month journal preparation and posting e.g. revenue, product cost, payment fees.
- Maintenance of creditors ledger/ Accounts Payable reconciliation.
- Posting and reconciling monthly revenue figures and accounts’ receivable balances.
- Managing the purchase-to-pay process and specifically ensuring Purchase Orders are raised on time (before the goods/services are ordered), have all correct information (including an attachment from the vendor e.g., a quote), and are appropriately received.
- Booking of travel advances on a regular basis and submission of a monthly report to HR through the Team Leader.
- Liaising with the company’s auditors, bankers, and tax advisors.
- Ensure compliance with all tax regulations e.g., returns submitted and taxes paid on time.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration (Finance or accounting option), statistics Commerce or related courses from a recognized university.
- Accounting qualifications (CIMA/CPA) or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar position or working with a reputable organization/agency.
- Work experience with a donor-funded institution will be an added advantage.
- A proactive approach to work, the ability to handle multiple tasks, and to maintain a high-quality standard when working under time pressure.
- Full computer literacy with proficiency in the application of all MS office functions, especially Ms. Word & Excel.
- A mature personality of high integrity with great team working skills, a courteous attitude, and a clear sense of confidentiality.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: MARCH 31, 2022
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
RECOMMENDED JOBS FOR TODAY
- Ministry of Health March 2022 recruitment
- The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants Job Vacancy
- Hapag-Lloyd AG Latest Job Vacancy
- Align Technology’s latest job vacancies
- Standard Chartered Bank Invites Job Applications
- APPLY|| Full-Time Employment At Fan Milk
- UNICEF New Job Opening
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES in Quality Assurance / Production Department
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED