Kokrobitey Institute was established to allow for the discovery of the social, cultural, historical, and intellectual resources of Ghana, and all of Africa, in order to acknowledge and celebrate the importance of these resources in the formation of a 21st-century global view.
Today, Kokrobitey Institute focuses its activities on environmental studies, art, and design, opening its doors to an international community of learners. Kokrobitey Institute, situated in Ghana on the West Coast of Africa, was founded to expand our sense of a world worth knowing about to include Africa and her people.
POSITION: Facilities Manager
About the job
KOKROBITEY INSTITUTE is a dynamic, fast-paced, and creative environment. All staff members are expected to work as productive members of our team; constantly multi-tasking, aiding fellow staff members, taking on responsibility, and being unafraid to try new things. As the Facilities Manager, you are urged to communicate effectively sharing with us your strengths and skills that can contribute to our unique community and help us to create a work plan that results in growth that impacts both you and Kokrobitey.
The Facility Manager supervises the campus staff and oversees the maintenance and management of campus grounds: gardens, kitchen, stores, housing, front campus grounds as well as the internet café and boutique located on the design grounds.
The duty requires a well-organized individual who can think critically, manage time, multi-task, provide leadership, keep accurate records, and is computer literate. The Facility Manager must ensure equipment is well maintained, supplies are procured on time, inventories are accounted for, and staff is well supervised for the general operation of facilities to run efficiently.
- Ensure facilities are managed according to company policy.
- Supervise work standards for other employees.
- Review service contracts.
- Appraise completed work done by vendors and contractors.
- Communicate workplace safety precautions to employees and others.
- Forecast, allocate, and supervise the financial and physical resources of the facility management.
- Maintain mechanical and electrical facilities.
- Oversee the maintenance of equipment and supply.
- Keep equipment in good operating condition.
- Conduct routine checks and inspections of equipment.
- Ensure availability and maintenance of facilities and utilities.
- Maintain an eco-friendly environment.
- Oversee the productivity of the garden.
- Ensure all equipment is serviced.
- Maintain clean grounds or garden free of rubbish and litter.
- Oversee campus security.
- Ensure security and emergency preparedness procedures are implemented.
- Manage bookings of rooms.
- Provide occupants with appropriate equipment and amenities.
- Oversee the housekeeping.
- Oversee inventory.
- Ensure stock of cleaning supplies.
- Ensure efficient use and function of room equipment.
- Coordinate custodial functions.
- Ensure availability of utilities – water and electrical supply.
STORE AND KITCHEN
- Keep records of all storeroom items.
- Check inventories routinely.
- Use requisition forms in the distribution of materials.
- Ensure the storeroom is in order.
- Keep stocks and maintain minimum inventory levels.
- Check kitchen stock monthly.
INTERNET CAFÉ AND BOUTIQUE
- Secure merchandise, stock the store appropriately.
- Keep current inventories.
- Review sales or recommend pricing policies.
- Prepare sales reports, analyze and categorize information.
- Supervise clean and tidy workspace.
- Deliver quality service and enforce standards.
- Keep space tidy and appealing to users.
- Keep facilities current and appealing in consultation with Design Team.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Higher National Diploma or Degree in Facility Management or related discipline (Business Administration, Information Management, Material Engineering, etc.)
- 1 -5 years experience in a related position.
- Valid Driver’s license.
₵12,000.00 – ₵18,000.00 per Annum.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested in joining us, please please email resume to [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: MARCH 31, 2022
RECOMMENDED JOBS FOR TODAY
- Ministry of Health March 2022 recruitment
- The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants Job Vacancy
- Hapag-Lloyd AG Latest Job Vacancy
- Align Technology’s latest job vacancies
- Standard Chartered Bank Invites Job Applications
- APPLY|| Full-Time Employment At Fan Milk
- UNICEF New Job Opening
- JOB OPPORTUNITIES in Quality Assurance / Production Department
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED