Catholic Relief Services New Job Advertisement
POSITION: Risk and Compliance Manager
Catholic Relief Services is the official worldwide humanitarian organization of the American Catholic community. CRS works in over 100 countries to save, protect, and transform the lives of people in need, regardless of race, religion, or nationality. CRS’s relief and development work is carried out through emergency response, HIV/AIDS, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding projects.
CRS Ghana was founded in 1958, the year Ghana won independence. CRS works with local partners in Ghana to combat poverty on multiple fronts, including improving health and nutrition, increasing access to safe water and sanitation, promoting agriculture to increase food security, and increasing financial assets through Savings and Internal Lending Communities.
The following positions are open at Catholic Relief Services/West Africa Regional Office (WARO): Manager of Risk and Compliance
To guarantee the successful delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable, you will manage risk functions for the country program (CP) while complying to CRS standards, local laws, and donor restrictions. Through the application of the concepts of stewardship, honesty, transparency, and accountability, your expertise and guidance will lower risk to staff, the efficacy of our programming, and the people we serve.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with audit, risk, and compliance leads at the corporate and regional levels, as well as CP leadership, on the implementation and strengthening of internal control systems, as well as continuous process performance improvement.
- Anticipate and identify risk risks and obstacles, as well as the best options for dealing with them.
- Assists with the onboarding of new employees (WARO and CP level).
- Creates and facilitates risk management, fraud prevention, and compliance training materials.
- Assists the Regional Technical Advisor with end-of-year activities (ICQ and risk reporting).
- Assists the Regional Technical Advisor with the review of agreements (primary and subagreements).
- Assist with the implementation of the sub-recipient financial management policy (SRFMP).
- Plan and carry out internal audits, control reviews, and compliance assessments in coordination with CP management. Analyze the results and make recommendations.
- Ensure that important steps in the investigation, including as planning, fieldwork, and reporting, are successfully coordinated with input and advice from the Region and EtU.
- Reviews and investigations are carried out in accordance with the supervisor’s instructions, the CRS Fraud Allegation Management Procedures, the CRS Policies, local laws, and donor restrictions.
- Create or assist in the creation of investigation plans/Scope of Work (SoW) for investigations.
- Conduct investigations and reviews of claims of policy, procedure, standard, guideline, and applicable rules and regulations infractions.
- Document and produce reports on findings and recommendations to improve procedures and internal controls effectively. Develop initiatives to improve country office control systems and procedures.
Required Qualifications or Experience
- A bachelor’s degree is needed. A master’s degree in accounting, business administration, or a related subject is preferred. A CIA, CFE, CPA, or comparable qualification is strongly preferred.
- Certifications in Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt or Project Management Professional are desirable.
- A minimum of seven years of work experience, preferably with an international organization, with increased responsibility in operations and/or programming is required. At least three of these years must have involved auditing, investigations, compliance, or risk management.
- Audit standards and compliance rules; understanding of COSO’s Internal Control Framework or The Institute of Internal Audit’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- English and French are required languages.
- Travel – You must be willing and able to travel up to 50% of the time.
Knowledge, abilities, and skills
- Excellent relationship management abilities
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and systems thinking abilities
- Ability to make wise decisions
- Ethical behavior in conformity with accepted professional and organizational ethics codes
- Working knowledge and experience with the US Government, DFID, and other key public funders proactive, resourceful, and focused on results
- Audit/investigation, internal control, and financial system review experience is required.
- Capable of gathering, synthesizing, and evaluating data.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent command of the English language English (as well as French, Spanish, and Arabic)
- Capable of giving oral presentations and writing clear reports.
- Knowledge of data analytics methodologies and best practices for process performance improvement
- Accounting system knowledge
- Ability to coach and train others.
- MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems are required.
Agency-wide Competencies (applicable to all CRS employees)
These are based on CRS’s mission, values, and guiding principles and are used by all staff members to carry out their duties and accomplish the intended objectives.
- Innovation and continuous improvement
- Relationships are formed.
- Talent is developed
- Mindset for Strategy
- Responsibility and Stewardship
How to Apply for this Catholic Relief Services Job
Closing Date: 5 p.m. on October 25th, 2023.
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED