Business Development Expert Job At MDF West Africa Limited
About MDF West Africa Limited
MDF West Africa Limited (MDF West Africa) is a training and management consultancy firm that is registered in Ghana and commenced business on May 2009. MDF West Africa serves global and local clients in any of the West African countries and beyond. With a core staff of 28 professionals, supported by a network of 25 associated trainers/consultants, MDF WA is a multi-project organization implementing approximately 15 projects simultaneously.
MDF West Africa is a fully owned local subsidiary of MDF Training & Consultancy BV that has been building the capacity of individuals, organizations, and networks since 1984 with the mission of ‘empowering people, creating impact’.
The Global MDF has offices in the Netherlands, Belgium, Kenya, Ghana, D.R. Congo, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Myanmar, and project offices in Rwanda, Uganda, and Benin. MDF offers open-subscription training courses, tailor-made training and workshops, and consultancy services in multiple sectors. MDF also provides support to organizations in the design and implementation of project monitoring and evaluation and learning (MEL) processes.
POSITION: Business Development Expert
MDF West Africa is looking to recruit entrepreneurial professionals for our Enterprising Partnerships Team (EPT). We develop commercial solutions with impact in sectors such as Agriculture, Fintech, and Education; and develop and run support programs for organizations with the same aim.
Examples of this are the management of the Ghana Innovation Hub and its programs for start-ups and SMEs, our Joint Venture for compost and gas production from biowaste, the development of mobile learning apps, the developing of a payment platform for financial inclusion, and the developing of investment opportunities for ‘missing middle entrepreneurs.
We are looking for experts who can proactively support such efforts, including scouting partner opportunities, networking, and writing (investment) proposals.
MAIN TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Acquisition of Assignments
- Identify, follow up and respond to opportunities in the West African region;
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on solving a client’s need and financial gain;
- Analyze risks and opportunities;
- Build and maintain good working relationships with new and existing clients and the ability to conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs;
- Developing timelines for acquisition to ensure the right input and quality control;
- Design and implement business plans and strategies; Write (investment) proposals, (progress) reports and pitch ideas to potential partners;
- Work in a team where you add your knowledge and insights to each other’s projects
Execution of Assignments
- Execute consultancies assignments in the area of business development;
- Organize and coordinate operations for your projects in ways that ensure maximum productivity;
- Take the lead in project management and steer and engage a team of 2 to 5 staff/colleagues/partners during the execution of assignments;
- Update MDF WA management on assignment execution status regularly and effectively – presenting issues/concerns and recommended measures to address them;
- Maintain client and partner contact during execution and contracting of assignments i.e. process management. You are the focal person for the client and take responsibility for your projects;
- Report (verbal and written) on your projects to all stakeholders. Lead the (baseline, mid-term and final) report writing process and ensure report quality;
- Provide needed support on other assignments where other MDF colleagues are Project Managers.
Required Skills or Experience
Technical Competencies and Professional Experiences
- You are highly entrepreneurial; previous experience in running your own business is a plus;
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in business, ICT, finance, agriculture, law, international trade, or any other relevant field;
- You have a minimum of 5 to 10 years of work experience in the private sector – i.e. as a business development manager, investment manager, sales executive, project manager, or other relevant roles;
- Previous consultancy and advisory expertise, individually or as part of an organization/firm is a plus;
- You have regional and international working experience;
- You are familiar with the lean start-up method and human-centered design;
- You are capable to handle administrative, communication, and knowledge management technologies – i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel, Email Management System, Adobe, Skype, LinkedIn, and more;
- You must be fluent in English speaking and writing; French is a plus.
- You have experience in participatory facilitation and you have excellent presentation skills. You are comfortable in front of a group (4-25 people) with international character;
- Experience in (impact) evaluation is a plus.
- You are interested to learn and improve yourself, the organization, and your projects;
- You are service- and client-oriented; You are pro-active, business-driven, and professional;
- Willing to travel within the West-African region;
- You are a team player, flexible, and you go the extra mile;
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) via email, phone, and face-to-face – i.e. respectful business-oriented, broad vocabulary, and understanding of culture and customs;
- You can sell your ideas to others;
- Can work independently, take responsibility, and have a practical approach;
- You can deal with productivity and turnover targets;
- Have excellent organizational, time management, negotiation, and persuasion skills;
- You are comfortable in an (international / Dutch) work environment;
- You practice transparency in dealing with colleagues and clients;
- Good at maintaining relationships and networking;
- You care about making a change.
How To Apply
- The position will be full-time (40-hour work week)
- Submit your application to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, using Subject: Application Business Development Expert
CLOSING DATE OF APPLICATION
Before the 30th of September 2022 (11:59 PM GMT). Applications that are not in before this time will not be entertained.
- A cover letter (2-page maximum), outlining your interest, motivation, and qualifications for the position;
- Your CV (including two professional references); and
- A sample of relevant work.
- An assessment and reference check will be part of the application procedure.
There are no relocation funds available.
- ECOWAS nationals are encouraged to apply.
- MDF is an equal opportunity employer and our hiring policy is based on merits and qualifications. We encourage qualified women and men to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED WITHIN THE SELECTION AND INTERVIEW PERIOD THAT ENDS ON THE 14TH OF OCTOBER 2022.
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job OpportunityAll Posts
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED