Abt Associates Announces New Job Vacancy
Job Title: Administration Assistant 2
Abt Associates (Abt) is a mission-driven global leader in research, evaluation and program implementation in the fields of international development, health, and social and environmental policy. Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, Abt is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators.
The company has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in more than 40 countries. Serving both the public and private sectors, Abt supports participatory governance processes that empower citizens and promote accountability and transparency across sectors.
Our impact is felt in responsive and inclusive institutions, empowered communities, equitable access to public services, improved mobilization and management of financial resources, and enhanced enabling environments for economic growth and opportunity.
Abt Associates is currently seeking a qualified Administrative Assistant for the Resilience in Northern Ghana Systems Strengthening (RING II Systems Strengthening). This activity focuses on enhancing the ability of all stakeholders to address poor nutrition and weak resilience in northern Ghana. RING II Systems Strengthening will result in sustained improvements in the delivery of local services to achieve measurable improvements in the nutrition and resilience of an estimated 85,000 reproductive-aged women and children under five years old.
The Administrative Assistant will be based in Tamale, Ghana where they will work under direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Director.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Firstly, Assist in planning and conducting the logistics for project activities including workshops, training and meetings, lodging and travel arrangements, specifically but not limited to contacting participants, negotiating and securing event space as well as supervising the process of paying per diem and snacks/meals.
- Secondly, Provide travel logistics support to staff and partners including the booking of transport and accommodation.
- Thirdly, Assist with office management (cleanliness and order) and develop and institute office support activities. Supervise cleaners and drivers.
- Moreover, Ensure the proper use and disposal of goods, materials, and equipment at the office.
- Additionally, Perform general clerical duties, to include but not be limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing and mailing.
- Then, Assist the Finance and Administration Director in procurements tasks, including preparing requests for quotations, quotations or bids analyses, preparing purchases requisitions and orders, and filing procurement documents.
- Also, Assists the Finance and Administration Director in updating the project inventory list.
- More so, Control stock of office supplies.
- Furthermore, Ensure timely settlement of office bills by communicating upcoming payment needs to the paying office, either the location-specific accounting staff, or the Tamale Head Office depending on the threshold.
- Afterwards, Assist drivers and other district staff in the process of completing timesheets and completing Advance and Travel Expense Reports. Act as the timekeeper for the office.
- Finally, Keep records of all documents received.
- Secondary School (minimum), or Technical School Diploma, or Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Management, Business, Social Science, or other relevant field (desirable).
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in office administration.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy highly desirable.
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
- Preference for candidates who have experience that relates to USAID-funded projects or other international development experience.
- Ghanaian citizens strongly encouraged to apply.
High School Diploma + Two years of relevant experience, or Associates Degree
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for this Abt Associates New Job Vacancy
Closing Date : 5th October, 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- University of Ghana Announces Job Vacancies
- USAID West Africa Call For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at WASCAL
- West Africa Trade and Investment Hub Invites Job Applications
- Newmont Mining Corporation Job Available Vacancy
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research Call For Job Applications
- Canonical Latest Job Vacancies
- Massive Recruitment|| SOCODEVI Invite Job Applications
- Massive Recruitment|| MDF West Africa Limited Job Openings
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED