January 5th, 2024 at 04:21 am
Study In Canada: International Graduate Scholarships 2024
In contrast to the United States of America, the United Kingdom, and Australia, which give a large number of scholarships to international students, Canada offers very few scholarships to international students.
A graduate degree from Canada can be incredibly fulfilling, and scholarships can assist international students in achieving this aim. In Canada, there are numerous options for obtaining financial aid for your education. These consist of fellowships sponsored by organizations, university-specific awards, and grants from the government.
Keep in mind that scholarship applications might be competitive, so it’s critical to get started as soon as possible, adhere to all deadlines, and submit a strong application. You can improve your chances of receiving the funding required to attend school in Canada and meet your academic objectives by utilizing the advice provided and conducting in-depth research on scholarship alternatives.
Graduate Scholarships at Vanier Canada
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is among the most esteemed awards given to foreign graduate students in Canada. The goal of this Government of Canada-funded program is to draw in and keep top-tier Ph.D. candidates. Up to three years of annual financial support of $50,000 is offered under the scholarship.
To qualify for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship, applicants must exhibit a strong record of academic achievement, the ability to do original research, and a dedication to leadership and community involvement. Because of the intense competition, it’s critical to begin early and put together a strong application package.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Program in Canada
Students from Commonwealth nations who want to pursue graduate courses in Canada can apply for scholarships through the Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program. The Canadian Bureau for International Education is in charge of running this program on behalf of the Canadian government.
The scholarship recipients receive funding to cover their living expenses, tuition, and travel costs to Canada. For students from Commonwealth countries, it is a widely sought-after opportunity since it lets them pursue their academic objectives while experiencing Canada’s unique culture.
Vanier Canada Scholarships for Canadian Graduates:
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) were created to draw and keep top-notch Ph.D. candidates to Canada and position the country as a worldwide hub for research and higher education. At one of the Canadian partner universities, the scholarships may be used toward a doctoral degree (or an MA/Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. combined degree). $250,000 will be awarded as part of this scholarship over three years.
- Host Institution: Vanier CGS allocation is available to Canadian universities.
- Degree and Study Subject: Ph.D. programs in health, natural sciences and/or engineering, social sciences, and/or humanities, as well as combined MA/PhD and MD/PhD degrees.
As a requirement for program completion, eligible doctorate programs must have a robust research component leading to the completion of a merit- or expert-reviewed thesis, significant research project, dissertation, scholarly publication, performance, recital, or exhibit.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 166 scholarships are given out each year.
- The intended audience: nominations for a Vanier CGS are open to Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and international nationals.
Scholarship duration and value:
Over three years, the scholarships have an annual value of $50,000.
To qualify for a Vanier CGS, applicants need to:
- be put forward by a single Canadian organization that has fulfilled their Vanier CGS requirement.
- be working on your first doctorate (including joint graduate or undergraduate research degrees, like an MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, or JD/PhD, if there is a significant research component). Keep in mind that financing is limited to the Ph.D. portion of combined degrees;
- full-time doctoral studies and research at the designated institution during the summer semester or academic year following the publication of findings, or a combination graduate program such as an MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., or JD/Ph.D.;
- Keep in mind that financing is limited to the Ph.D. portion of combined degrees;
- as of May 1, 2023, you had not finished more than twenty months of doctoral studies
- by May 1, 2023, after completing no more than 32 months of full-time Ph.D. studies, if they
- participating in a dual doctorate program, like an MA/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., or MD/Ph.D. Regardless of whether they have ever taken a Master’s course, applicants in this category are eligible for the 32-month window.
Fellowships for Graduate Students at the University of Manitoba:
The University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships (UMGF) are grants made to students of any country who plan to attend full-time at the University of Manitoba as graduate students (Master’s or Ph.D.) based solely on merit.
Enrollment in a University of Manitoba graduate program full-time is one of the prerequisites for eligibility for the UMGF. The fellowships are worth $18,000 for doctorate candidates and $14,000 for master’s degree candidates, and they are given out for a year.
- The University of Manitoba in Canada is the host institution.
- Target Audience: Applications are open to students of all countries.
Benefits and inclusions of scholarships:
The UMGF offers master’s degrees that are worth $14,000 annually for 12 or 24 months, up to a total of $28,000.
The UMGF offers doctoral fellowships worth $18,000 annually for a period of 12, 24, 36, or 48 months, with a maximum award of $72,000.
For students to be eligible for the scholarship, their admissions GPA must be at least 3.0. Kindly get in touch with your department since they might demand a better GPA.
Students must have been enrolled full-time without provision as a Master’s or Ph.D. student in a graduate program at the University of Manitoba, or they must have received provisional admission.
PhD Fellowships awarded by the Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation:
The scholarships are available to foreign nationals who are applying to or enrolled full-time in a doctoral program in the social sciences and humanities at a Canadian university. Preference will be given to applicants from poor nations. Each scholar will receive an annual payment of up to $60,000 for a maximum of three years.
Institution Host: Participating Universities in Canada
Degree and Study Subjects:
The four pillars of the Canadian Constitution are Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada in the World, and People and Their Natural Environment. Ph.D. research programs in social and human sciences focus on one or more of these topics.
Group to aim for:
International students as well as citizens and permanent residents of Canada
Scholarship duration, value, and benefits:
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation offers scholarships that provide up to $20,000 in research and travel allowance per year for three years, $40,000 in annual salary for three years, access to a community of Scholars, Mentors, and Fellows who are all leaders and change-makers in their respective fields and sectors, and leadership development from Mentors and Fellows.
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications: Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job opportunities include: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterward, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- Australian Scholarships for International Students 2022 | Fully Funded
- Universities in Australia without IELTS & Scholarships
- 2024-2025 UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO SCHOLARSHIP
- Scholarships in Australia for 2022 Without IELTS | Fully Funded
- UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA 2024-2025 SCHOLARSHIP
- UNIVERSITY OF ST. THOMAS HOUSTON SCHOLARSHIP 2024-2025
- STUDY IN CHINA: ZHEJIANG NORMAL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS 2024
- STUDY IN THAILAND: SIRINDHORN INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE SCHOLARSHIP 2024
- 2024-2025 CAMPBELL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP
- STUDY IN UK: UNIVERSITY OF BRISTOL THINK BIG SCHOLARSHIP 2024
- STUDY IN NEW ZEALAND: ADB SCHOLARSHIP IN NEW ZEALAND
- FULLY FUNDED SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN SWEDEN | STUDY IN SWEDEN FOR FREE
- STUDY IN AUSTRALIA: AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS SCHOLARSHIPS 2024
- STUDY IN BELGIUM: BELGIAN GOVERNMENT INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS SCHOLARSHIPS 2024
- MCDONALD FELLOWSHIPS FULLY FUNDED FOR 2024–25
- STUDY IN USA: YALE UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP 2024
- STUDY IN UK: UK GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS 2024
- STUDY IN UK: INTERNATIONAL POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS SCHOLARSHIPS 2024
- STUDY IN NETHERLANDS: MAASTRICHT UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS 2024
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED