CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions.
We have working experience in over 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
CTG recruits deploy and manage the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. The key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilize at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
POSITION: Principal Officer – Market Access
SUMMARY OF POSITION
- The African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) Secretariat is the sole organization on the continent, legally established & mandated to handle the rules of trade between African countries. At the core is the implementation of the agreement establishing the AfCFTA (thereafter “AfCFTA agreement”), negotiated, signed & ratified by the state parties. The goal is to ensure that trade is conducted smoothly, predictably & as freely as possible across the continent. The AfCFTA Secretariat, which is headquartered in Accra – Ghana at the Africa Trade House, was established in February 2020 following the election of its first Secretary-General.
- The AfCFTA agreement was signed at an extraordinary session of the assembly of the African Union (AU) in Kigali, Rwanda on 21 March 2018. The agreement sets out a continental system of trade rules, acts as a platform for negotiating trade protocols, facilitates the settlement of disputes between state parties & monitors the implementation of the AfCFTA agreement. Furthermore, the AfCFTA agreement is a framework agreement, with comprehensive coverage of trade in goods, trade in services, investment, competition policy, intellectual property rights, women, youth in trade & digital trade as well as rules & procedures for the settlement of disputes.
- It is against this background that the AfCFTA Secretariat seeks to engage the services of the Principal Officer – Market Access to develop strategies to support the member states & the customs unions in making meaningful offers on the basis of the adopted modalities for trade in goods & trade in services.
The Consultant Market Access is to support the member states & customs unions in making meaningful offers on the basis of adopted modalities for trade in goods & trade in services. The Consultant will be supervised by the Chief Technical Advisor – Negotiations under the Office of the Secretary General on the following tasks, among others:
- Develop policy guidelines on tariff reduction schedule as per agreed modalities on trade in goods.
- Develop policy guidelines on scheduling commitments as per agreed modalities on trade-in services.
- Facilitate negotiations as well as the implementation of phase I under the AfCFTA agreement.
- Undertake subject-specific research & analysis of areas of concern to member states as well as on emerging issues in the implementation of the tariff reduction program.
- Prepare policy papers for the effective coordination of policy-related activities on market access at the AfCFTA Secretariat.
- Perform any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Master’s in Economics, Statistics, International Trade or Trade Law, Development Economics, International Relations (essential).
- Minimum of 12 year/s of demonstrable relevant Trade Policies, Trade Negotiations & Implementation experience (essential).
- Minimum of 12 year/s of experience in Africa (desirable).
- Fluent in one of the AfCFTA working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic).
- Fluency in another AfCFTA working language(s) is an added advantage. (desirable).
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: MARCH 31, 2022
RECOMMENDED JOBS TODAY
- Teaching Jobs Available
- Real Estate industry Jobs.
- SUBMIT CVs – Latest Recruitment Opportunities At AngloGold Ashanti
- APPLY NOW|| Upfield Invites Job Applications
- Employment Opportunities At The Good Roll Africa
- Internship Opportunities At SNV
- Cocoa Processing Company Invites Job Applications
- More Employment Opportunities At SUNDA
- Employment Opportunities At Covenant Occupational Health Consultancy
- Linfra Ghana Limited Invites Job Applications
- Catholic Relief Services Employment Opportunities
- Exciting Career Opportunity at ACDI/VOCA
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED