At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band, and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion, and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners, and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for career-defining opportunities.
POSITION: Manufacturing Manager
About the job
- Location: Tema, Ghana
- Reports to: Site Lead – Ghana
About the role
- Ensure that the Factory supplies its customers reliably and flexibly to ensure constant availability of our products.
- Prepare and agree on operational budgets for the factory and ensure delivery against the agreed budgets, covering all areas of spend on the site (People cost, energy, Maintenance, Materials usage, etc).
- Analyze production data to identify and resolve any production/materials waste issues.
- Organize and optimize the manufacturing teams.
- Develop, agree, and implement a strategy for the factory, incorporating the requirements of key stakeholders, particularly, the Business Team.
- Prepare and agree on annual and longer-term capital budgets and take responsibility for the implementation of approved projects in the factory.
- Take Personal Responsibility for the development of the factory employees.
- Ensure processes are put in place for the development of all employees in the factory.
- Develop ways of working to support business strategy implementation.
- Work with the Management team and Union to develop a work style that enrolls all in the factory in the achievement of its objectives.
- Ensure that the factory operates at the agreed efficiency level daily.
- Collaborate with maintenance department to ensure all machines run at maximal efficiency levels and are serviced as at when due.
- Collaborate with quality managers to establish and execute quality control processes.
- Ensure operation is not delayed or shut down because of inadequate raw materials.
- Promote teamwork, harmony, fairness among the supervisors and staff.
- Manage the headcount of employees to ensure the factory is not overstaffed or understaffed at every point.
- Coordinate all production activities and ensure the final products meets the highest quality levels.
- Ensure proper documentation of all activities about production, shift reports, output, etc.
- Ensure that raw materials needed to achieve normal and impromptu production targets are available before commencement of production.
- Develop and implement safety standards based on existing approved regulations.
- You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
- You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
- At Upfield we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation, and your desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
Skills, Experience, And Qualifications
- 5+ years experience in a similar role in manufacturing, preferably in food service.
- Manufacturing Strategy Development.
- Manufacturing Performance Management.
- Extended Supply Chain interaction.
- Business Strategy formulation.
- Change management.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree or equivalent.
- High Degree of Business & financial acumen.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset.
- Disciplined execution.
- Inspirational leadership.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: APRIL 2, 2022
- Ecom Agroindustrial Calls For Job Applications
- World University Service of Canada Latest job vacancies
- Job Vacancy At Gold Fields Ghana
- New Job Opening At M-KOPA
- Exciting career Opportunity at Power & Co Engineering LTD.
- Airpro Ghana Limited Invites Job Applications
- Golda Construction Limited Job Opportunities
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED