November 1st, 2023 at 10:11 am
New Job Opportunity at CARE International
POSITION: Chief of Party (CoP)
CARE International is a global network of independent national organizations, including CARE members, candidates, and affiliates, as well as social enterprises and thousands of community-based partner organizations, working together in over 100 countries to save lives, end poverty, and fight social injustice. For additional information, go to www.care-international.org.
CARE International in Ghana: In 1994, CARE began activities in Ghana. Since then, the Accra office has grown to assist initiatives in Togo and Benin through the CARE Gulf of Guinea country mission. CARE replaced the three-country mission in July 2010 with country offices in Ghana and Benin, the latter of which now oversees a small number of programs in Togo.
CARE Ghana’s projects are generally carried out in collaboration with local and civil society organizations. This allows CARE to expand its engagement with the government and the commercial sector, collaborate more effectively, and have the largest possible impact. CARE Ghana focuses on rural and vulnerable poor women, and its work is organized around health, governance, sustainable livelihoods, and education.
CARE Ghana is pleased to encourage you to apply for new career opportunities in our programs and operations. We are proud to welcome talented people like you into the global CARE community, where our core values of Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Equality, and excellence serve as benchmarks against which we measure ourselves as leaders and employees.
If you share our beliefs and our desire to save lives, end poverty, and achieve social justice, then CARE Ghana is the place for you. We hire and develop outstanding individuals from a variety of backgrounds, talents, and identities, and we work hard every day and at every level to create and maintain an inclusive environment and a sense of belonging for our teams. Also, We value your happiness and job satisfaction at CARE Ghana just as much as your performance. We provide a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package, as well as flexible working arrangements to allow you to enjoy life outside of work, as part of our commitment to equity.
CARE recognizes that abilities and expertise can originate from a variety of work and life experiences, in addition to schooling or previous job designations. As a result, we invite applications from active, curious, and innovative Ghanaians who are eager to learn and solve problems.
- In accordance with the project work plan, oversee the overall management and implementation of the project, including project results and deliverables.
- Translate project goals and objectives into actionable strategies and plans in collaboration with personnel and partners.
- Priorities for operations, finances, and administration must be managed.
- Create alliances between national and local actors.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all project stakeholders.
- Maintain successful working relationships with USAID clients, project partners, and critical counterparts.
- Mentor and coach employees to deliver results on schedule.
- Clarify roles, assign duties to senior staff, and express clear expectations for staff participation in project activities.
- Oversee the work of all long-term and short-term advisers, consultants, and personnel.
- Supervise staff and partners in identifying technical help needs for the project, defining appropriate scopes of work, recruiting consultants, and executing technical assistance contracts.
- Create management systems and internal controls that are consistent with CARE’s standard operating procedures and project requirements.
- Design and manage the annual project cycle in accordance with the annual planning cycle of USAID.
- Control the budgeting and planning processes.
- Prepare project activity reports on a quarterly and annual basis.
Required Qualifications or Experience
- Knowledge of Ghana’s education and governance systems is required.
- Experience in Education, Social Accountability, and/or Public Administration for ten years or more, including four years or more as a manager or team leader.
- Capacity development and system strengthening experience, with a focus on local governance.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the education or government domains.
- Experience managing USAID-funded or similar-sized projects, particularly as a COP, Program Director, Team Lead, or equivalent managerial experience, is preferred.
- Experience with adaptive management approaches, collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA), and managing MEAL activities on donor-funded projects is required.
- Experience managing agreements, as well as all applicable programmatic and financial reporting, is required.
- Must be able to successfully recruit, train, develop, and manage employees.
- Ability to undertake internal control duties in order to manage project operations.
- English must be completely fluent.
- A master’s degree in education, business administration, economics, international development, social sciences, or a similar discipline is required.
How to Apply for this New Job Opportunity at CARE International
Closing Date: 22nd November, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED