Job Vacancy at World Health Organization
Job Title: Junior Partnerships Specialist
Dedicated to the well-being of all people and guided by science, the World Health Organization (WHO) leads and champions global efforts to give everyone, everywhere an equal chance to live a healthy life.
Founded in 1948, WHO is the United Nations agency that connects nations, partners and people to promote health, keep the world safe and serve the vulnerable – so everyone, everywhere can attain the highest level of health.
WHO leads global efforts to expand universal health coverage. WHO directs and coordinates the world’s response to health emergencies; promotes healthier lives – from pregnancy care through old age. The WHO Triple Billion targets outline an ambitious plan, elaborated in the Thirteenth General Programme of Work (2019-2025), for the world to achieve good health for all using science-based policies and programmes.
This UN Volunteer assignment is part of the WHO Country Office in Ghana. The UN Volunteer will support the work of the WHO Country Office External Relations Officer (P3) to strengthen the office in resource mobilization, advocacy and partnerships with all relevant partners, particularly non-State
Within the delegated authority and under the direct supervision of External Relations Officer and under the general oversight of WHO Representative, the UNV Junior Partnerships Specialist will:
- Support implementation of the multi-year WHO Country Office Partnership & Resource Mobilization Strategy and Annual Work Plan aimed at ensuring sustainable financing of core and emergency activities.
- Ensure organization of regular FENSA awareness raising and “refresher” training sessions for the WHO Technical Units to facilitate the Country Office compliance with FENSA rules in engagement with non-State actors.
- Pay a particular emphasis to strengthening the WHO’s engagement and partnership with public and private academic institutions and think tanks, particularly at the local and regional levels.
- Assist in partner intelligence, through systematically updating key in-house tools, such as Partner Mapping, Partner Database, Partner Profiles, etc. as required, while developing and maintaining deep knowledge and familiarity with current and prospective partners (particularly non-State actors) and relevant stakeholders.
- Strengthen the office culture with regards to application of Results-Based Management and robust Monitoring and Evaluation practices.
- Contribute to ensuring quality and timely reporting to donors and in the context of the UN inter-agency work in line with the organizational requirements on result-oriented reporting through collaboration with the WHO Technical Units.
- Support systematic donor visibility and knowledge management in collaboration with External Relations Officer and Communications Officer.
- Provide general support to External Relations Officer and the WHO Technical Units in overall partners engagement, quality proposal and report writing, partner visibility and knowledge management (collaborating with Communications Officer) and other duties as required to develop, manage, and sustain partnerships at the WHO Country Office level.
- 3 years of experience in the relevant positions and involving proposal development and donor liaison;
- Experience in engagement with private sector is preferred;
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization is an asset. Other desired technical knowledge:
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining good relationships with institutional donors or corporations;
- Proven ability to engage with and quickly forge strong working relationships with a wide variety of diverse stakeholders;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel; • Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
Required education level
Master degree or equivalent in sociology, development studies, international relations, human rights, political science or other relevant discipline
Closing Date : 15th December, 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- Firstly, Job Recruitment at The Capital Group Limited
- Secondly, International Workplace Group Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, New Job Opportunity at Robert Walters
- Moreover, APPLY NOW || University of Ghana Job Vacancies
- Additionally, Mastercard Foundation New Vacancy Advertisement
- Then, UNICEF Ghana Job Recruitment For November 2022
- Also, Besa Manufacturing Company New Job Opportunities
- Furthermore, Job Opening at SOS Children’s Villages International
- Afterwards, Farmerline Latest Employment Opportunity
- Finally, Lashibi Funeral Homes & Crematorium Job Vacancies
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED