Job Vacancy at Wangara Green Ventures
POSITION: Compliance Officer
Wangara Green Ventures (the Fund) is an SEC-licensed Venture Capital Fund that invests between GHS500,000 and GHS5,000,000 in green small and growing businesses (SGBs) with the potential to create jobs. The fund intends to invest in these green SGBs with quasi-equity instruments in order for them to realize their environmental and social effects while assuring long-term profitability. Climate-smart agriculture, renewable energy, energy efficiency, waste management, water management, and other climate-friendly industries are among the priority sectors.
The Fund is looking for a conscientious, self-motivated, and inventive Compliance Officer to join the team.
The principal tasks of the compliance officer (subject to the overall responsibility of the Board for regulatory compliance) shall include the following under the supervision of the Board of Directors:
- Advise the Board on the policies and processes required to comply with the fund’s regulatory requirements.
- Make certain that the fund notifies the Commission of any changes in license information.
- Assess the efficacy of internal controls in minimizing risk, maintaining regulatory compliance, and implementing the board’s strategy and policies.
- Ensure that all relevant parties, including employees and agents, are aware of the regulatory requirements.
- Inform the board of any material violations.
- Inform the Board of any disciplinary action the Commission takes against the Fund.
- Report to the Board the outcomes of any Commission inspections or investigations.
- Report to the Board at least once a year on the effectiveness of internal controls in minimizing risk, maintaining regulatory compliance, and implementing the Board’s strategy and policies.
- Any other function as prescribed by the Commission or Board of Directors from time to time.
Additional tasks fall under the direction of the Managing Director and include the following:
- Lead all regulatory compliance issues, including license renewals with multiple regulatory bodies (Registrar General’s Department, SEC, NPRA, and Data Protection Commission).
- Ensure compliance with the World Bank’s Environmental and Social Framework (ESF) by the Fund and its portfolio firms.
- Examine the Fund’s portfolio firms’ adherence to statutory requirements and applicable laws and regulations.
- Examine the investment team’s adherence to the following processes:
- Deal sourcing, due diligence, portfolio monitoring, and support.
- Program management, including controlled accounts.
- Coordination of an independent audit firm’s annual financial audits and quarterly valuations.
- Coordination of an independent firm’s annual impact and ESG attestations.
- Assist in the creation and revision of important policies and processes.
- Assist with KYC/AML, E&S screening, and reference checks on investors, investees, and strategic partners during due diligence.
- Any further tasks delegated by the Managing Director.
Experience and qualifications:
Master’s degree in finance, business administration, management, law, or a similar discipline is required.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in compliance or a related subject is required.
- Finished the GISI or GSE Securities Course.
- A professional certificate in finance, accounting, or compliance is preferred.
- A certification in sustainability, ESG, or impact investing is advantageous.
- Experience in the Venture Capital and Private Equity or Fund Management industries is advantageous.
Desired skill set:
- Excellent communication, writing, and presenting abilities.
- Highly analytical with a keen eye for detail.
- Active, cooperative, and a team player.
- High levels of integrity and professional ethics.
- Managing various projects and priorities in a fast-paced setting
- Good understanding of the Ghanaian private fund business and legislation.
- Knowledge of the World Bank’s Environmental and Social Framework (ESF)
The position will be based in Accra, but will need some travel to other regions.
The proposed start date is January 1, 2024.
How to Apply for this Job Vacancy at Wangara Green Ventures
By November 17, 2023, interested individuals should send their CVs to email@example.com. Only those who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
Closing Date: 17th November, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED