Job Vacancy at Newmont Mining Corporation
Newmont Mining Corporation is a global leader in gold production, with significant properties in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana, and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations operates two gold mines in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine in the Brong-Ahafo area and the Akyem Mine in the Eastern region. Ghana is also focusing on near-mine exploration and development to replace gold reserves on an annual basis. In addition, Newmont Africa has early-stage exploration programs in Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa activities employ roughly 5,900 people, the vast majority of whom work at the Ahafo Mine. We provide an unrivaled combination of opportunity and professional fulfillment, as well as all of the advantages you would expect from a multinational corporation. This, paired with our possibilities for advancement, makes Newmont a terrific place to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made considerable long-term community development expenditures in their respective host communities. These include establishing Development Funds in our Akyem and Ahafo operations zones, with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax yearly profit to the fund.
Newmont, the sole gold business listed on the S&P 500 index, was the first gold company to be included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index in 2007. Our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce, and providing value and opportunity for our employees, host communities, and Newmont’s shareholders reflect Newmont’s industry-leading performance.
Concerning the Position
The Senior Mining Applications Specialist is responsible for providing specialized assistance for applications and database systems utilized at operations and in regional operations support hubs.
Technical insights are provided to optimize systems and assure excellent availability for deployed technologies in the field.
The position will assist mine staff with the functioning, capability, and enhancements of important Operations technologies (OT) software systems relating to mining and/or processing technologies.
In this position, you will
Application Support for Operations
- Support production applications for a wide range of mining and processing technology and systems.
- Plan and coordinate production support, maintenance, updates, and patching for the systems covered by this function.
- Collaborate and lead efforts to fix technical difficulties in the field with members of the site technology team.
Management and Planning of Operation Applications
- Maintain a disciplined approach to change management by ensuring that testing processes are followed prior to the production deployment of change.
- Examine current systems and identify areas for improvement in scalability, maintainability, and performance.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with technology vendors and partners.
- Investigate, review, and recommend changes to applications as needed, and work with stakeholders to implement agreed enhancements.
Team Management, Vendor Relationships, and Change Management
- Collaborate with colleagues in Operations Technology to ensure that any changes or recommendations are in line with the solution roadmap.
- Collaborate and participate in the discovery, implementation, and utilization of value-added methods and/or technologies with industrial and academic experts both inside and beyond the mining industry.
- In charge of maintaining system monitoring tools and responding to issues that arise.
- To improve dataflow, maintain the integrity of data interfaces (APIs) and logic.
- Migrating apps or databases from one platform to another.
- Collaborates with the Data & Analytics team to develop reporting solutions for site operations teams.
Checklist of Your Education, Skills, and Experience
Formal Education (including Professional Registration):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related subject is preferable.
- For successful performance, a strong understanding of contracting, negotiating, organizational development, change management, technology trends, strategic planning, action planning, and management is essential.
- Strong knowledge of mining operations and processing application support is required.
- Understands project management concepts such as budget reporting, control, and forecasting.
- Has a broad awareness of the Company’s objectives and functions, as well as the business divisions and departments served by Information Technology.
- Experience writing code, developing interface logic (APIs), and using sophisticated troubleshooting techniques is required.
- Five to 10 years of escalating responsibility in technology support
- Must have experience with general business operations and business process redesign in order to improve operational efficiency and save costs.
- Working knowledge of vendors, dealers, consultants, and other contractual services.
- Analytical intellect and judgment are used to direct the solutions of business difficulties.
Capabilities and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, past leadership, management, and supervisory experience, and the ability to produce outcomes through the efforts of others are required.
- Self-motivated, service-oriented individual with exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Capable of managing teams of employees and vendors from various cultures in a matrix setting.
- Capability to recognize problems, make judgments, devise solutions, and act.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with an eye for detail and a strong customer service attitude.
- Influences business by improving understanding of technology concerns and balancing competing agendas within and across Information Technology (IT) functional groupings.
The position is at the Ahafo South mine site.
We acknowledge that no candidate will meet every single requirement. If your experience differs from what we’ve discovered and you believe you can contribute to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Our company’s success is based on the achievements and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our mission is to create a workplace culture that supports leaders while also allowing everyone to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are devoted to choosing and developing our workers, as well as creating a work environment in which everyone can play an active role in achieving our strategic goals while feeling proud to work for Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place, and promote qualified applicants, defined as those who meet the minimum requirements of the position, regardless of personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social, and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our attempts to increase diversity. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for this Job Vacancy at Newmont Mining Corporation
Closing Date: 29th November, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED