Job Vacancy at Asanko Gold Ghana Limited
Role: SECURITY SUPERVISOR
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited (“AGGL”) is a joint venture between Galiano Gold and Gold Fields. The major asset is the multi-pit Asanko Gold Mine complex, which is located in Ghana’s Ashanti region. Galiano Gold manages and operates the Asanko Gold Mine.
There is an opening in our Safety, Health, and Security Department for the post of:
The Security Supervisor will be responsible for implementing business security policies, procedures, and standards to provide efficient coordination and supervision of security operations in all areas of the Mine.
- Coordination of all security actions to safeguard life and property;
- Detect and prevent crime within the mine, and implement measures to guarantee that the access control system is strictly implemented through effective screening and search.
- Supervise public and contractor security operatives for all security activities, particularly restricted zones;
- Lead in bullion shipments and ensure gold bars are secure by sealing vaults after smelting activities;
- Supervise all security activities in the process plant around the clock and guarantee that the Plant Intruder Systems are operational.
- Then, Ensure that all items are moved from stores or any other part of the mine in accordance with the established protocol.
- Supervise and monitor CCTV operations and shutdown activities to prevent and record theft events.
- Also, Arrest, allow the arrest of offenders, and conduct investigations into all security breaches across the mine.
- Conduct combined patrol tasks with public and contractor security personnel to deter illicit mining on business concessions;
- Moreover, Ensures the production and maintenance of security records and events, and delivers daily, weekly, and monthly reports to the head of security;
- Afterward, Assist in the periodic examination of security operations and presentation of ideas for improvement;
- Lastly, Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor in line with corporate policy.
Required Knowledge or Experience
- A minimum of a Degree/HND in Security Administration or its equivalent;
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in security tasks in a gold mining firm, with prior service in the Military/Police Service or affiliated organizations;
- A track record of praiseworthy work with any private or public security organization with an investigative, criminology, or legal background will be advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience with modern asset protection approaches and processes;
- A solid understanding of access control mechanisms and procedures;
- Experience with vehicle and human search processes and procedures
- Solid awareness of anti-illegal mining operations and tactics for preventing such actions on the company’s concessions;
- Capability to create security reports, as well as understand and analyze security operating procedures and manuals;
- Good team player with good duty of care skills;
- Must be proactive and show the capacity to take suitable measures.
- Capability to conduct security surveillance, collaborate with intelligence in regard to security activities, and make prompt interventions and recommendations
- Strong dedication to timeliness, correctness, and professionalism;
- Good communication and coordination skills; critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Capability to keep and manage sensitive and secret information
- Capability to monitor, plan, organize, and prioritize tasks
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database administration;
- Must be cautious with information and pay close attention to detail;
- Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods, and procedures to work conditions.
How to Apply for this Job Vacancy at Asanko Gold Ghana Limited
Please follow the rules below while applying to ensure the success of your application:
- Include an introduction paragraph in your cover letter stating why you believe you are qualified for the position you are applying for.
- Limit your CV to four pages.
- Your CV must include demographic information, qualifications, work experience, and a minimum of two referees.
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of appropriate original certifications and academic records.
- When applying for a job, please send all communications to: email@example.com.
- Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
- Applications, along with a full curriculum vitae and evidence of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to:
Manager, Organizational Capability,
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited,
No. 4, Sir Arku Korsah Road,
Airport Residential Area,
P. O. Box CT 6153,
Alternatively, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: The application deadline is October 19, 2023.
Please keep in mind that only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED