International Water Management Institute (IWMI) Job Vacancy
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI), a CGIAR Research Center, is looking for a person who is creative, energetic, and skilled in more than one area to work as a Human Resources Officer in its office in Accra, Ghana.
The person who gets the job will support the IWMI West Africa Office in all areas of human resources. This includes recruitment and onboarding to make sure that the human resources function works well and efficiently with little direction and supervision.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Give advice on how policies and procedures should be used and how they should fit together.
- Help put talent management activities like hiring, onboarding, staff development programs, performance, career management, and engagement into action.
- Take part in the implementation of HR policies, procedures, information management systems, or other HR-related projects, including their communication and training.
- Gather the paperwork needed to make sure that contracts for interns and consultants are written correctly.
- Check HR files and records on a regular basis to make sure that all required documents are collected and filed correctly.
- Work with the right people to keep the local staff directory, organizational chart, staff lists, etc., up-to-date and accurate with information about human resources.
- Organize things like visas, travel, temporary housing, etc. for employees who are moving abroad.
- Serve as the unit’s point of contact for diversity and inclusion, health and wellness, and safety in the Ghana West Africa office.
- Make reports, dashboards, and statistics about HR processes and activities in the region.
- Help the team review its processes and procedures on a regular basis to make sure services are delivered in the most effective and efficient way.
- Keep information about human resources correct, up-to-date, and private.
- Help with special projects as needed.
- Watch over and make sure that all Ghanaian government rules and regulations are followed. Also, keep the HQ HR operations team informed of any changes or new developments in the regulatory landscape.
- Serve as a point of contact for HR-related questions, concerns, and complaints from employees in the Ghana regional office and report to the HQ HR operations team.
- Any other tasks related to this that are given
Qualifications in education and work experience REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, social science, human resources, gender studies, or a related field
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in HR in a real-world setting. (High-achieving candidates with less HR experience may still be considered for an assistant-level job and be offered one.)
- Exposure to Human Resources Information Systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of how human resources work as a whole
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills are important.
- Capable of working on their own and meeting tight deadlines.
- Skill with the MS Office suite
- Ability to handle sensitive and private information and situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Ability to work well in a multi-cultural setting and to take the initiative. Excellent oral and written English skills, including good listening and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to speak French will be a plus.
How to Apply for this International Water Management Institute Job
Closing Date: 26th August 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED