Exciting Career Opportunity at VisionSpring
ROLE: Country Manager, Ghana
Are you ready to apply your leadership, program management, business development, and operational abilities to help millions of low-income Ghanaians see clearly so they can work, learn, remain safe, and care for their families?
VisionSpring, a social organization, wants a dynamic and experienced Country Manager to grow its pioneering Vision Access Programs and eyewear sales, which improve the money-earning capacity and livelihoods of individuals living on less than $4 per day. The Country Manager has an exciting responsibility to scale up evidence-based programs, build sales channels, identify and launch novel techniques that advance the purpose, stimulate collective action within the vision sector and with allied parties, and influence system change internationally.
5% of Ghanaians needing eyeglasses have them, according to the 2015 Ghana Blindness and Visual Impairment survey. Since 2017, VisionSpring Ghana has addressed this issue. VisionSpring provides affordable eyeglasses and screenings in Ghana to the base-of-the-pyramid customer.
VisionSpring and 49 collaborators have evaluated over 70,000 Ghanaians and delivered over 100,000 eyeglasses through wholesale agreements in the previous five years. With business and foundation backing, VisionSpring provides free vision screening and highly subsidized eyeglasses to people where they work and reside. VisionSpring also sells inexpensive eyeglasses to mission-aligned hospitals, vision clinics, and NGOs.
VisionSpring builds collaborations to give low-income and underprivileged people their first pair of glasses. VisionSpring partners with FBOs, NGOs, the commercial sector, and government institutions in Ghana. Allianz Insurance, Cocoa, Coffee, and Shea Nut Farmers Association (COCOSHE), Himalayan Cataract Project (HCP), Operation Eyesight Universal, Greater Accra Regional Hospital, and Optical wholesaler are notable partners.
With the support of global functional leaders for programs, human resources, supply chain, finance, and marketing, the Country Manager will lead a growing team of 4 people in business development, program extension and implementation, sales operations, and shared services. The Country Manager will foster mission alignment, team engagement, customer satisfaction, and process and culture development.
Our Accra office reports to VisionSpring’s Nigeria-based Africa Region Director. VisionSpring’s Africa leadership team includes the Country Manager, who will work with Kenya, Zambia, Uganda, Nigeria, and the U.S
VisionSpring Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit in the United States, is registering VisionSpring Ghana as a company limited by guarantee (3).
- You want to start a mission-driven company that improves low-income clients’ lives. Growing sales and programs and merging business and non-profit operations excite you.
- You’re resourceful and decisive in a fast-growing company. You find answers, organize, and overcome problems.
- You seek ways to improve team members. You help people and teams learn. Your guidance helps former coworkers succeed.
- From strategy to process development, you are meticulous. You track goals and make data-driven decisions.
- You communicate well. You inspire teams, partners, and clients to achieve goals together. You ask for and give respectful feedback.
- VisionSpring provides inexpensive eyewear worldwide. Vision improves study, work, safety, civic involvement, and quality of life.
- Social change drives our social enterprise. We focus on sales and revenue targets to help low-income clients improve their functioning, productivity, and income by correcting refractive errors using eyeglasses. VisionSpring raises household earnings by $43 for every $1 donated.
- We are working to fix an optical industry that has failed to supply eyeglasses—a 700-year-old technology—to almost 1 billion people who require vision correction, most of whom live on less than $4 a day.
- We serve low-income customers, not beneficiaries. Our customers demand a high-quality, cheap product and will spend a limited discretionary budget on eye correction for instant and tangible results.
- Sales and social impact indicators guide us. To complete tasks, we use various organizational methods.
- We scale effect, not organization. We work efficiently.
Leadership and Strategy (15%)
- Spring’s key beliefs and foster an inclusive team culture: 1) Help others do; 2) Advance equity; 3) Constantly adapt, persistently improve; 4) Default to transparency, share painful realities; 5) Learn together
- Work with the Africa Region Director and Global Programs Vice President to create a five-year Ghana Vision Access Program growth strategy aligned with corporate goals. Pharmacy and Institutional Sales to increase target consumers and eyewear coverage.
- Manage annual plans and budgets. Help Ghana team members create work plans, fulfill milestones, and respond to hazards.
- Build team capability and processes to meet growth goals.
- Cross-organizational learning. Share Ghanaian best practices and learn from other markets.
- Find government, professional, private, and non-profit partnerships to scale.
- Product sales and institutional partnerships (20%)
- Assist the sales team with market penetration and eyeglasses sales goals.
- Manage key accounts, negotiations, and customer complaints for Institutional Partners.
- Track sales activities in Salesforce, VisionSpring’s CRM.
- Ensure Ghana finance records sales performance.
- Implement marketing campaigns across channels.
- Help Vision Access Programs succeed, especially: See to Earn: Work with the Africa Program Coordinator and Ghana Program Lead to rapidly expand vision screening and eyeglasses dispensing for cocoa growers, artists, and micro-entrepreneurs. Pharmacy Route: Develop a scalable channel to establish durable reading glasses points of sale with the Global Pharmacy Sales Manager and Ghana Pharmacy Lead. Use See to Earn demand generation.
- Ensure programs meet deadlines and budgets. Help team members use data to solve problems.
- Improve constantly. Establish processes to collect and act on customer and frontline employee feedback. New technologies, products, and methods to improve service quality, efficacy, and efficiency overseas.
- Provide information and help to implementers.
Shared Services: People, Supply Chain, and Finance (20%)
- Work with HR to improve team members’ performance, management, and problem-solving.
- Maintain a mission-aligned, diverse, cohesive, and motivated culture and workplace.
- Manage job requisitions and promotions.
- Inform procurement, supply chain, inventory planning, and product introduction.
- Manage the country budget according to the P&L. Control expenses. Use money wisely.
- Help the global finance team execute accurate and timely financial reporting and annual audits.
- Manage resources openly and address fraud accusations. VisionSpring Code of Conduct infractions and other complaints.
- Work with global resource mobilization and global program offices to build relationships, secure terms of service contracts, and raise philanthropic funds from corporations, foundations, and governments.
- Fund VisionSpring’s strategic initiatives.
- Contribute to proposals and reports that accurately convey context, progress against objectives, lessons learned, detailed budgets, and utilization.
- Promote open donor and stakeholder communication.
- Share VisionSpring’s learning, build relationships, and promote our mission in forums.
- 10 years of experience in public health, international development, fast-moving consumer goods, pharmacy/medical sales, or other comparable fields.
- Priority for teams of 5+ and budgets over $500,000.
- Growth-stage, target-driven sales, and program operations.
- Business development or fundraising experience generating over $100,000.
- Experience managing multi-stakeholder networks.
- Quick decision-making, follow-through, and personal accountability.
- Respectful cooperation with varied coworkers.
- Must have impeccable ethics and be able to handle sensitive material discreetly.
- English fluency.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, consultative sales experience, a graduate degree in a relevant subject, and/or Salesforce, SAP, or similar platforms are preferred.
- Experience, education, and location determine salary.
- We provide health insurance and generous vacation time
- We want more than your accomplishments. Who are you? What makes you want this job?
- Please submit your application materials, comprising a thoughtful cover letter and CV/résumé.
- Please note, only candidates invited to interview will be contacted.
At VisionSpring, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with our core values to advance equity. Our mission is predicated on removing a fundamental barrier to full economic and social participation—uncorrected blurry vision.
Our mission principles fuel our diversity and inclusion efforts. VisionSpring’s diverse staff helps it tackle problems with nuance and produce unique ideas that make a big difference. We recruit, develop, and retain diverse talent and encourage everyone to be themselves. VisionSpring hires people of different backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives.
How to Apply for this Career Opportunity at VisionSpring
Deadline: 13rd, February 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Totalenergies Marketing Ghana Job Opportunities
- Secondly, RecTrain Services Limited Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, Exciting Career Opportunity at World Vision
- Moreover, Food and Agriculture Organization Latest Job Postings
- Additionally, Job Vacancy at JSI Research & Training Institute
- Then, Job Opportunity at AutoShack Ghana
- Also, Catholic Relief Services Latest Job Posting
- More so, Employment Advertisement at Glovo
- Afterwards, Job Vacancies Available at The Haven Hotel
- Finally, Beacon International School Job Opportunities
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED