Exciting Career Opportunity at Tetra Tech
Report to the Deputy Chief of Party
The goal of the Ghana Fisheries Recovery Activity (GFRA) is to keep the small pelagic fishery sector from collapsing in Ghana and to improve people’s other sources of income, resilience, and food security. This activity aims to help fishing communities, especially women and young people, find other ways to make a living and become more resilient.
It also wants to make it easier for the private sector to get involved and connect with markets in the fishing industry, strengthen government capacity in policymaking, regulation, and enforcement, improve science and research, including data for policy and management decisions, and give key stakeholders the power to make change.
- Make sure that the project’s accounting system is in line with the rules and requirements of USAID, Ghana, and Tetra Tech ARD.
- Make sure that disbursements and payments are calculated and made correctly according to the GFRA project’s, Tetra Tech ARD’s, and USAID’s internal rules and systems.
- Responsible for entering all payments and transactions into the Quick Books System and closing monthly accounts according to the parent company’s rules and procedures and the monthly closing schedule.
- Consult with and answer the Accountant of the Project at headquarters about anything related to local accounting, such as receipts and invoices for expenses, unpaid travel advances, entries in Quick Books, cash handling in GFRA offices, monthly reports, etc.
- Keep documents, reports, guides, and files full and up to date.
- Make sure that employees submit their travel expense reports within the time limit and that they are filled out correctly. Also, make sure that travel expenses are reconciled according to the project’s and/or Tetra Tech ARD’s procedures and policies.
- The person in charge of taking the Project’s annual physical inventory, which includes the regional office.
- Make sure that the rent for all project offices is paid on time.
- Getting permission from the Director of Administration and Finance and the Chief of Party (COP) to send requests for money to the parent company.
- Help with the physical inventory that needs to be done every year on the project’s anniversary.
Skills or Experience Needed
- Accounting bachelor’s degree.
- At least four years of accounting experience.
- Worked on USAID projects and hired contractors. Learn how to use Quick Books.
- A person who knows the local tax and withholding laws for both local and foreign employees.
- Full control over Excel and Quick Books.
- High level of professional ethics and morals.
- Responsible and able to get things done by the deadlines.
- Shown that they can work well with other people.
English skills at a high level.
How to Apply for this Career Opportunity at Tetra Tech
Please send your cover letter and current curriculum vitae (CV) to GFRA.Applications@tetratech.com. The CV should be in reverse chronological order.
Closing Date: August 10, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED