Exciting Career Opportunity at Mastercard Foundation
Role Title: Community Pass Senior Solution Sales Specialist
By making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible, we seek to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere. Our innovations and solutions enable individuals, financial institutions, governments, and organizations to realize their full potential by leveraging secure data and networks, relationships, and enthusiasm.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, is at the heart of our culture and all we do both inside and outside of the office. We foster an inclusive atmosphere for all employees who value their unique abilities, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that our differences allow us to be a better team, one that makes better decisions, promotes innovation and produces greater business results.
Mastercard is committed to inclusive economic prosperity for all people worldwide. The Humanitarian & Development team’s mission is to transform communities at the bottom of the pyramid. We use our digital technology and create new business models to digitalize vital daily services such as healthcare, farm subsidies, and small merchant supply chains. By doing so, we go far beyond Mastercard’s traditional payments mandate and, more importantly, extend our reach to the 1+ billion previously unserved people at the BOP.
The Solution Sales is a passionate, results-driven leader who will support business development operations with major companies in the Humanitarian and Development sector, such as significant foundations, non-profits, development organizations, technology providers, financial service providers, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
This person will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of global strategic projects with key partner organizations that will leverage MasterCard solutions and technical knowledge to establish commercially sustainable offers for underprivileged populations’ economic inclusion. This role reports to the Vice President of Solutions Sales and Community Passes.
- The goal of the function is to develop and sell Community pass products, Agri payments, and identities. The primary focus will be on Nigeria and Ghana, with the possibility of expanding efforts to Central and West Africa.
- The role is to support existing customers, capitalize on new opportunities as they arise, and build a short- and long-term pipeline of strategic deals to support our market growth and scale (e.g., assess, identify, qualify, and shape new customer opportunities), as well as drive market preparation activities with market leads.
- Researching and uncovering vital customer information that will be used to build new business prospects.
- Carrying out market development and market preparation operations, as well as integrating long-term marketing goals into tactical sales and account plans
- Creating proposals, marketing collateral, presentations, and other customer-facing materials.
- Working with cross-functional teams to achieve successful project follow-through and perfect execution.
All About You
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or a similar discipline. A graduate degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of cumulative business development experience in the digital/tech and/or payments industries.
- Experience with solution sales and consultative selling.
- Working experience with payment networks, financial institutions, or mobile payment firms.
- Understanding electronic payments in emerging markets.
- Understanding microfinance, agricultural, and/or economic development would be advantageous.
- Problem-solving creativity combined with diplomacy, sound judgment, and cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to operate both individually and in a collaborative setting.
- Positive, lively, and determined.
- The ability to travel both domestically and globally as needed
Corporate Security Responsibility
All actions requiring access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks have an inherent risk to the organization; thus, it is assumed that everyone who works for or on behalf of Mastercard is accountable for information security and must:
- Follow Mastercard’s security rules and procedures;
- Assure the confidentiality and integrity of the data being accessed.
- Any suspected information security violation or breach should be reported, and
- Complete all required security training on a regular basis in accordance with Mastercard’s rules.
How to Apply for Career Opportunity at Mastercard
Closing Date: 31st October, 2023
- FIRSTLY, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT LMI HOLDINGS
- SECONDLY, THE JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT STERLING INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- THIRDLY, JOB OPENING AT CUMMINS AFRICA MIDDLE EAST
- MOREOVER, PWC CAREERS AFRICA INVITES JOB APPLICATIONS
- FURTHERMORE, MASSIVE JOB RECRUITMENT AT GHANA CHRISTIAN INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL
- THEN, JOB OPENING AT COMPETENCY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- ALSO, JOB ADVERTISEMENT AT WEST AFRICA CIVIL SOCIETY INSTITUTE (WACSI)
- ADDITIONALLY, JOB VACANCY AT KINTAMPO HEALTH RESEARCH CENTRE (KHRC)
- AFTERWARD, EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY AT ABSA BANK
- FINALLY, JOB OPENING AT GIU INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED